[COMPLETE] The Book of Buried Treasure by Ralph D. Paine-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

The Book of Buried Treasure by Ralph Delahaye Paine (1871 - 1925).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-book-of-buried-treasure-by-ralph-delahaye-paine/
Described by the author as: BEING A TRUE HISTORY OF THE GOLD, JEWELS, AND PLATE OF PIRATES, GALLEONS, ETC., WHICH ARE SOUGHT FOR TO THIS DAY. Ralph Delahaye Paine (August 28, 1871 – April 29, 1925) was an American journalist and author popular in the early 20th century. Paine's book tells of pirates, heroes, scoundrels, and treasure seekers creating, stealing, seeking, and sometimes finding great wealth. It also tells of treasures yet undiscovered (as of 1911, but perhaps to this day). It remains the stuff of dreams for countless kids growing up, and those of us who never grew up. ( Tony Posante)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://gutenberg.org/ebooks/33318
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/History/Modern (19th C)

Keywords that describe the book: treasure, pirates

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Buried Treasure. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Book of Buried Treasure, by Ralph Delahaye Paine. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Buried Treasure by Ralph Delahaye Paine. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Book of Buried Treasure, by Ralph Delahaye Paine. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename bookofburiedtreasure_##_paine_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bookofburiedtreasure_01_paine_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Ralph Delahaye Paine
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The Book of Buried Treasure

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mightyfelix
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
...TonyP (Tony Posante)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This looks like fun! I'll set it up for you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, you should be all set. Please let me know if you have any trouble with anything, but I don't expect you will. :D
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

Thank You!
...TonyP (Tony Posante)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. I see that you have added a section for the opening ballad. I think that's a great idea. Would you like me to make that ballad section 0, so that chapter 1 remains section 1, etc?
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

I should have checked before making that change I reckon..I tried reading the ballad at the start of CH1 but it did not seem to be how the author wanted it. The numbering is fine with me, but if you think a potential DPL would be off put by the asymmetry we could change it. I'm fine with it as is, thank you.
...TonyP (Tony Posante)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I wasn't thinking so much of potential DPLs. They know our processes here and would understand what's happening, I think. But I think that listeners might be confused about it and think that there was an error somewhere.
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

No worries,OK to change section number to match chapter numbers. My mistake, I didn't know what to do with that little ditty of a ballad there. Thanks for keeping the project on track...
...TonyP (Tony Posante)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. S'what I'm here for. :wink:

How long would you like to wait here for a DPL before moving to Going Solo? Assuming we don't find one quickly, that is?
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

I can wait here for a DPL to be available. I will stay on track for the project by recording and such. If no takers I will beg/grovel/bribe KevinS for his help LOL
...TonyP (Tony Posante)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TonyP wrote: November 27th, 2020, 2:11 pm I can wait here for a DPL to be available. I will stay on track for the project by recording and such. If no takers I will beg/grovel/bribe KevinS for his help LOL
Let's wait a couple of days, then I'm in. I'm a little behind in my other PLing.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hahah! :lol: Kevin, you're such a soft touch! :wink:

Ok, we'll give it another day or so in the Launch Pad, but we can't stay here indefinitely. I'll move us over tomorrow, one way or the other.
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

Wow that's great! The only KevinS bribe money I could find in my couch was a Canadian nickel and a coupon for 50c off on a box of wine.
...TonyP (Tony Posante)
TonyP

Post by TonyP »

I went ahead and uploaded the small prefacing Ballad https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/bookofburiedtreasure_00_paine_128kb.mp3 it's 1:56
...TonyP (Tony Posante)
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi--
If there are no other interested parties at this point, I would like to DPL this for you. Thanks for your consideration (no Canadian nickels required!)

Lora