Oh whew, thought I missed something! :clap: :clap:

See you in volume 15!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
AddieChris

Post by AddieChris »

Kitty wrote: March 27th, 2021, 3:34 am
AddieChris wrote: March 26th, 2021, 4:34 pmHere is the link to my recording!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume14_091_ploetz_128kb.mp3
Please let me know if everything is okay!
thank you for making this a priority to help catalogue before end of March :9: I will PL and give feedback on Monday though, because this weeked I am quite busy with family things and own recordings. Please stay bookmarked to the thread in case there are edits to make. Could you also please tell me the length of the file ? It's convention to always say that in the same post you give us the link in, so the MW can be updated correctly.

Thanks

Sonia
Hello! Yes, of course!
This is good to know!
The recording is 00:29:40 long. I will keep this bookmarked. Just lmk if everything is alright! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AddieChris wrote: March 28th, 2021, 2:10 pmThe recording is 00:29:40 long. I will keep this bookmarked. Just lmk if everything is alright! :)
thank you so much Adeline, this was lovely to listen to and considering the lengthy section it was a high level of accuracy. You really jumped into the deep end right away, I think we can safely assume that your next projects will be easier compared to this one.

I only found a few notes to correct, four of them are quick cuts, while four others are actual textual errors. But you only need to re-record a word or at most the entire sentence if that is easier, no way you need to re-record the entire section, which was otherwise perfect.

Here are the time stamps which need correcting:

> at 5:58: (p. 521) "Alfonso, prince of Asturia" – you say "Austria" (Asturia is a region in Spain)

> at 17:33: (p. 523) "page 501" – I did not want the page numbers included (see special notes in the second post), could you cut this out please ?

> at 20:48: (p. 524) "page 503" – also cut here

> at 23:21: (p. 525) "page 520" - and here

> at 24:24: (p. 525) "this demonstration produced in November the surrender of Dulcigno and territory to Montenegro." – I would say it this way deleting the year, because chronologically I think it relates to November the previous year and 1881 only starts with the next entry of March 13

> at 24:33: (p. 525) "March 13, 1881" – here I would mention the year then, for the above mentioned reasons

> at 27:37: (p. 526) "Skobeleff, died July 7th" – this cross-symbol means "died"

> at 29:25: (p. 526) "see page 573" – can be cut again, as it's only a page reference

Simply reupload with the exact same filename and the previous file will get replaced by the new one.

Thanks

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and an announcement: after 2 months expiration, Section 92 is up for grabs again. Probably too tight to make the March challenge list after all, but aw well...we tried :lol:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I claim 92? Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:49 am May I claim 92? Jim
thank you Jim :) forever helping the orphans :9:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Glad to do it!
AddieChris

Post by AddieChris »

Hi!

Here is the link to the corrected version of the recording.

Please let me know if all is well!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AddieChris wrote: March 31st, 2021, 6:59 pmHere is the link to the corrected version of the recording.
Please let me know if all is well!
excellent correction edits :thumbs: this is entirely PL ok now, thank you so much, Adeline.

Only for future section postings...please remember to always say how long a file is, so the Magic Window can get updated right away.

Maybe I'll hear you in the final book of the series as well...which is a much easier style than this one, promised. :lol: I am in the process of prepping it and will probably launch in a few hours.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All right, as promised, the very final book in this series is now officially launched:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=86569

A gloomy subject maybe, but the stories seem to be very interesting. And most importantly, there are no more timelines. :lol:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 92--France was in a mess as is my rendition:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume14_092_ploetz_128kb.mp3

27:31

Jim :shock:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Update: 88 and 89 are orphaned now, as I haven't heard back from the original claimer and my PM did not get picked up.

Back to join World Story 15 in the Readers Wanted. Let's hope we can finish this one before the other one :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:22 pmHere is Section 92--France was in a mess as is my rendition:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume14_092_ploetz_128kb.mp3
and another perfectly PL ok section, Jim 8-) thank you so much. I recently PLed a French project dealing with exactly this time of French History in detail...it was indeed a political mess :shock:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Well, I can't ignore that we have only these two and the corrections for two outstanding. And I have invested pretty heavily in this project, so I must claim these last two orphaned sections. Jim :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:40 am Well, I can't ignore that we have only these two and the corrections for two outstanding. And I have invested pretty heavily in this project, so I must claim these last two orphaned sections. Jim :thumbs:
awww thank you, but you have done so much already. Now we're back in Readers Found.

I hope the two readers come back for their edits, but if all else fails, I think I can salvage the sections myself if you Spot PL then. So I simply know we can finish this project in the very near future. :9:

Sonia