[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 14: Outline of Universal History - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry to have made you list so many errors. I knew the guideline for the Greek but just assumed that they were close enough to the translation. I am thankful though that most of it was passable. I will correct these today. Jim :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for the late reply, but I have not forgotten you, Jim. Both sections excellently edited and now PL ok.

This brings us down to only 10 more outstanding sections, which used to be my starting point to launch the next book in this series. However, so as not to deter prospective volunteers from our ongoing March challenge (see my signature for details), I decided to wait with the launch till April, when the challenge is closed.

In the spirit of the March Challenge, I'd like to appeal to all readers who still have outstanding sections:

> Muna, Kristine, Abbya, Colleen: please remember your outstanding PL notes
> Abbya, Tomas, Amandine: I hope you can meet your upcoming deadlines
> FrigidBones, Adeline: though your official deadlines are only beginning of April, maybe you can give this project the final push to be catalogued in March still :9:

please all let me know any updates you can manage ! Thank you all !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia. Jim :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Announcement: I haven't heard back from the reader anymore, so Section 52 is up for grabs again.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Sonia
I will take 52
Can't let Jim do all the work :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 12:46 amI will take 52
Can't let Jim do all the work :lol:
:lol: you're up earlier than Jim ;) thank you, Alan !! you will become a pro in Italian history.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 12:50 am
alanmapstone wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 12:46 amCan't let Jim do all the work :lol:
:lol: you're up earlier than Jim ;) thank you, Alan !! you will become a pro in Italian history.
The Italian ones are all short :lol:
Alan
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Alan, you know me all too well! Jim :lol:
AmandineC

Post by AmandineC »

Kitty wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 6:31 am
sorry for the late reply, but I have not forgotten you, Jim. Both sections excellently edited and now PL ok.

This brings us down to only 10 more outstanding sections, which used to be my starting point to launch the next book in this series. However, so as not to deter prospective volunteers from our ongoing March challenge (see my signature for details), I decided to wait with the launch till April, when the challenge is closed.

In the spirit of the March Challenge, I'd like to appeal to all readers who still have outstanding sections:

> Muna, Kristine, Abbya, Colleen: please remember your outstanding PL notes
> Abbya, Tomas, Amandine: I hope you can meet your upcoming deadlines
> FrigidBones, Adeline: though your official deadlines are only beginning of April, maybe you can give this project the final push to be catalogued in March still :9:

please all let me know any updates you can manage ! Thank you all !

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

This is so difficult!!! It doesn't even feel like I'm reading sentences. I'm working on it though.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AmandineC wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:06 pmThis is so difficult!!! It doesn't even feel like I'm reading sentences. I'm working on it though.
thanks for the update, Amandine. And I know it's daunting, kudos for all volunteers who made this project happen. :thumbs:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:27 pmHere's my last section: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume14_076_ploetz_128kb.mp3 (18:00)
thank you, Tomas, this was an interesting section. I didn't even know Russia had such a turn-around in emperors after Peter the Great :shock: Every few years there's a new one :lol:

Wonderfully narrated again, only one small cut to make still:

> from 2:02 to 2:08: (p. 409) repeat can be cut: "The Cymen made the boundary between Sweden and Russia... (etc)"

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for the fast turn-around, Alan :9: Another interesting section about Italy.

Just one small note to add please:

> at 6:31: (p. 263) could you maybe also make the reference to the family tree here: "see the geneaology p. 261". I think this was included in the previous section already, since the table refers to houses of France and Italy, but it can't hurt to include it once more, especially since this is mentioned in the book at this spot.

Thank you

Sonia