COMPLETE[Play]Importance of Being Earnest (version 5) - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Algernon, Act 2, just a couple of suggested edits, up to you:
1:58 text is "This world", recording has "The world". I'm mentioning it because I feel it stresses "This world" as opposed to "next world" in the previous sentence.

2:40 "I will. I feel better already." is one line; you could shorten the pause to make it easier for the editor.
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

jennlea wrote: November 27th, 2020, 12:43 pm Here is Act 2 for Cecily:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/importanceofbeingearnest_cecily_2_128kb.mp3
23:12
We're missing a line from Cecily -- At around 3:16 should be "He does!"

Also, at 5:31 "Quixotic" should be pronounced /kwikˈsädik/
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Rapunzelina wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 2:46 pm Algernon, Act 2, just a couple of suggested edits, up to you:
1:58 text is "This world", recording has "The world". I'm mentioning it because I feel it stresses "This world" as opposed to "next world" in the previous sentence.

2:40 "I will. I feel better already." is one line; you could shorten the pause to make it easier for the editor.
Also, we're missing the line "But I must see her before I go, and make arrangements for another Bunbury. Ah, there she is."
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

ktaylor07 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 4:15 pm

Oops! Apologies for overlooking a line and my mouth not working properly :oops:

Fixes are at 3:18 and 5:35
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

jennlea wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 5:48 pm
ktaylor07 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 4:15 pm

Oops! Apologies for overlooking a line and my mouth not working properly :oops:

Fixes are at 3:18 and 5:35
No problem! Thanks for getting this back so quickly! I'm working on Act II and hope to start on Act III later today!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

So, the "draft" of Act 1 is PL OK! :D
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

-
Last edited by RobMarland on December 8th, 2023, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Marland reader section | website
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

RobMarland wrote: December 4th, 2020, 4:14 pm
ktaylor07 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 5:04 pm
Rapunzelina wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 2:46 pm Algernon, Act 2, just a couple of suggested edits, up to you:

Also, we're missing the line "But I must see her before I go, and make arrangements for another Bunbury. Ah, there she is."
Edits made. File ready for spot PL. https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/importanceofbeingearnest_algernon_2_128kb.mp3

btw, k, for future reference, it's handy to know the timestamp for where a line is missing. Saves having to search.
Oops! Sorry about that! Thanks for getting these in so quickly!

One final line is missing from Act III -- at around 15.0 Jack and Algernon say in unison "Our Christian names! Is that all? But we are going to be christened this afternoon."
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

EliseDee wrote: November 29th, 2020, 6:37 pm Two more files completed!

Act One, with the missing line inserted:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/importanceofbeingearnest_gwendolen_1_128kb.mp3

Act Three:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/importanceofbeingearnest_gwendolen_3_128kb.mp3

Will check in to see if I have any corrections or suggested changes. Thanks!

Elise :)
We're missing one line from near the beginning of Act III. At around 2:12, Cecily and Gwendolyn should both say "Your Christian names are still an insuperable barrier. That is all!"

Also at 3:03, you say, "I never change, except in my affectations." It's "I never change, except in my affections."
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

Hello Gang.

I know its a big no-no, but i have listened to Act One, just want to say how great you all sound in the roles.

However I sound like I'm at the bottom of a well. I know this is not the usual place for this but would some, or all of you tell what your using for a mic, because if I am going to keep doing these i want to sound better.

Ta
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

cavaet wrote: December 4th, 2020, 8:20 pm Hello Gang.

I know its a big no-no, but i have listened to Act One, just want to say how great you all sound in the roles.

However I sound like I'm at the bottom of a well. I know this is not the usual place for this but would some, or all of you tell what your using for a mic, because if I am going to keep doing these i want to sound better.

Ta
I used to use the Rode NT-USB. It's very close to a pro mic for less than $200. There is a mini one now for even less.
That's my recommendation and I'm sticking to it!

What mic are you using? Maybe practicing "mic technique" would improve your sound.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

cavaet wrote: December 4th, 2020, 8:20 pm Hello Gang.

Ta
I use an inexpensive usb TKGOU mic ($29.99) - but after I record, I process my files in Audacity to improve the sound by going to "Effects" and running it through "Noise Reduction," "Compression," "Limiter," "Normalize," and "Bass and Treble."
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

realisticspeakers wrote: December 4th, 2020, 10:59 pm
What mic are you using? Maybe practicing "mic technique" would improve your sound.
Not sure what that might be, but I am all ears, or eyes.

ktaylor07 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 6:54 am I use an inexpensive usb TKGOU mic ($29.99) - but after I record, I process my files in Audacity to improve the sound by going to "Effects" and running it through "Noise Reduction," "Compression," "Limiter," "Normalize," and "Bass and Treble."
I use everything there, but Bass and Treble. how are you using them?

It always sounds fine to me until I hear it in relation to others
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

cavaet wrote: December 5th, 2020, 7:55 am
realisticspeakers wrote: December 4th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Not sure what that might be, but I am all ears, or eyes.

ktaylor07 wrote: December 5th, 2020, 6:54 am I use an inexpensive usb TKGOU mic ($29.99) - but after I record, I process my files in Audacity to improve the sound by going to "Effects" and running it through "Noise Reduction," "Compression," "Limiter," "Normalize," and "Bass and Treble."
I use everything there, but Bass and Treble. how are you using them?

I

It always sounds fine to me until I hear it in relation to others
It depends, but I usually go with Bass 2.0 Treble - 1