COMPLETE Advent readings and spoken hymns-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
GregGiordano
Posts: 3736
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » December 26th, 2020, 9:05 am

linny wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 5:19 am
Section 3 PL notes:
-Intro does not match the initial post instructions.
-You are missing your voice credit
-5:04 missing text - Hymn 56
-Ending does not match the initial post instructions.
Would you kindly explain which readings (or readers) need to be corrected? I am one of the contributors to this section but not to the hymn mentioned.

Thank you!

Greg

KevinS
Posts: 10268
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » December 26th, 2020, 9:31 am

GregGiordano wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 9:05 am
linny wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 5:19 am
Section 3 PL notes:
-Intro does not match the initial post instructions.
-You are missing your voice credit
-5:04 missing text - Hymn 56
-Ending does not match the initial post instructions.
Would you kindly explain which readings (or readers) need to be corrected? I am one of the contributors to this section but not to the hymn mentioned.

Thank you!

Greg
Greg, nothing needs to be corrected at this point. linny is just pointing out that my intro and outro doesn't match the instructions I gave myself at the start. (I always intended to modify these.) As for the missing "Hymn 56" as a title, I don't wish to use it. So no problems. We're just waiting for our last submission and then I'll finish things up. If our last contributor doesn't show up, I'll record the section.

GregGiordano
Posts: 3736
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » December 26th, 2020, 10:44 am

KevinS wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 9:31 am
GregGiordano wrote:
December 26th, 2020, 9:05 am
linny wrote:
December 25th, 2020, 5:19 am
Section 3 PL notes:
-Intro does not match the initial post instructions.
-You are missing your voice credit
-5:04 missing text - Hymn 56
-Ending does not match the initial post instructions.
Would you kindly explain which readings (or readers) need to be corrected? I am one of the contributors to this section but not to the hymn mentioned.

Thank you!

Greg
Greg, nothing needs to be corrected at this point. linny is just pointing out that my intro and outro doesn't match the instructions I gave myself at the start. (I always intended to modify these.) As for the missing "Hymn 56" as a title, I don't wish to use it. So no problems. We're just waiting for our last submission and then I'll finish things up. If our last contributor doesn't show up, I'll record the section.
Okay, thank you!

KevinS
Posts: 10268
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 5th, 2021, 8:42 am

Section 8 will be orphaned on Jan. 7 if we don't hear from its original 'claimer.' If anyone is interested in recording that section, please let me know on the 8th or 9th of January. Otherwise, I will record the section and finish our project.

KevinS
Posts: 10268
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 7th, 2021, 7:33 am

Section 8 is now orphaned.

mleigh
Posts: 496
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 7th, 2021, 9:01 am

I can do it if you want?

Let me know.

M

KevinS
Posts: 10268
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 7th, 2021, 9:49 am

mleigh wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 9:01 am
I can do it if you want?

Let me know.

M
Yes, please. That would be sweet of you!

mleigh
Posts: 496
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 7th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Kevin -

Here is section 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/adventreadings_08_128kb.mp3
1:38

Let me know if you want me to do something different at the beginning/end.

Thanks,

M

KevinS
Posts: 10268
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 7th, 2021, 7:16 pm

mleigh wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 7:01 pm
Kevin -

Here is section 8:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/adventreadings_08_128kb.mp3
1:38

Let me know if you want me to do something different at the beginning/end.

Thanks,

M
Thank you! I'll start (and finish?) all this tomorrow!

KevinS
Posts: 10268
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 8th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Okay. I think we are done. I just need a listen to my editing of the various recordings into 4 complete sections. Whoever volunteers, please note that I changed the wording a bit for the project, but I've stayed consistent and feel I covered all our LV bases.

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16523
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » January 8th, 2021, 7:22 pm

Kevin,
The completed sections are PL OK.
I'll get this in the catalog.

(nice hearing it go from voice to voice. Now if you just had footfalls to bring each person to the lectern ...)

MaryAnn

KevinS
Posts: 10268
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 8th, 2021, 7:29 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 7:22 pm
Kevin,
The completed sections are PL OK.
I'll get this in the catalog.

(nice hearing it go from voice to voice. Now if you just had footfalls to bring each person to the lectern ...)

MaryAnn
I'm so glad to see this finished. It will be good to listen to at anytime of the year.

I have to say, and I can without any boasting as I had very little to do with it, but this recording makes me very pleased and gives me a firm hope for something a bit more challenging in future. All who took part did a wonderful job and I thank you and all the rest!

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16523
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » January 9th, 2021, 12:08 pm

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/advent-readings-and-spoken-hymns/

Post Reply