(Complete) Love Stories Volume 4 -Lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

The Donkey That Loved A Star is PL OK. Hee Haw. Thanks for this cute contribution.

It's been awhile since anything has come into this project. I was beginning to wonder if love has fallen out of fashion, though I can report that the Love Stories Collections continue to garner enormous downloads on IA.

I'm perusing the book for another love story I might read, and encourage other readers to help complete this collection (which has been open for 10 months)!!!!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Re-uploaded The Comic Lovers with the correct file name.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_thecomiclovers_jerome_wj_128kb.mp3
11:01
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: August 15th, 2021, 6:09 pm Re-uploaded The Comic Lovers with the correct file name.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_thecomiclovers_jerome_wj_128kb.mp3
11:01
Thank you.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Here is another entry from the very talented story-teller, Richard Le Gallienne

The Burial of Romeo and Juliet

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_burialofromeoandjuliet_gallienne_mtf_128kb.mp3 12:22
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/14103/14103-h/14103-h.htm#essay04

I will need a volunteer to PL this for me. If interested, please let me know.
msfry

Post by msfry »

The Comic Lovers is PL OK. I am not familiar with Jerome K. Jerome. All I can say is this is a very peculiar story, withun which I was unable to detect any love, nor connect with at all.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 16th, 2021, 7:09 am Here is another entry from the very talented story-teller, Richard Le Gallienne

The Burial of Romeo and Juliet

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_burialofromeoandjuliet_gallienne_mtf_128kb.mp3 12:22
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/14103/14103-h/14103-h.htm#essay04

I will need a volunteer to PL this for me. If interested, please let me know.
I will volunteer to PL this wonderful poem.
Pick me! Pick me!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: August 19th, 2021, 7:57 am I will volunteer to PL this wonderful poem.
Pick me! Pick me!
It's not a poem, but yes please do PL my story! :D
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 19th, 2021, 10:49 am
williamjones wrote: August 19th, 2021, 7:57 am I will volunteer to PL this wonderful poem.
Pick me! Pick me!
Ooops! i was thinking of Keremos the poem.
I'll PL this story gladly, tho.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Hello folks
I've recorded a story written by George Edgerton (pen name for Mary Chavelita Bright) who was apparently quite the woman in her Victorian day. She is said to have inspired people like Thomas Hardy and James Joyce. I'll get it to you soon.
Rita
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 19th, 2021, 10:49 am
Pick me! Pick me!
I love this "history beyond the book/play"!! The various "what ifs" were interesting, too. Especially the possibility that for a short time they were both still alive and aware of each other."
Great stuff!

I failed to find a single slip-up and the quality of the narration was superb, thus I give this reading a big ol' PL OK!! :clap:
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

RitaBoutros wrote: August 19th, 2021, 4:31 pm Hello folks
I've recorded a story written by George Edgerton (pen name for Mary Chavelita Bright) who was apparently quite the woman in her Victorian day. She is said to have inspired people like Thomas Hardy and James Joyce. I'll get it to you soon.
Rita
Good thing I'm a patient person, Ms. Rita! :hmm: But then, "soon" can mean different things to different people. I hope all is well in your world.
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: August 19th, 2021, 5:43 pm I failed to find a single slip-up and the quality of the narration was superb, thus I give this reading a big ol' PL OK!! :clap:
Thanks, Bill. That's the kind of failure I like to hear about.
msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry wrote: September 10th, 2021, 10:36 am
Rita
Good thing I'm a patient person, Ms. Rita! :hmm: But then, "soon" can mean different things to different people. I hope all is well in your world. Mine is slow going at the moment, what with Ida gracing mine with her senseless wrath.
msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry wrote: September 10th, 2021, 10:39 am
Rita
Good thing I'm a patient person, Ms. Rita! :hmm: But then, "soon" can mean different things to different people. I hope all is well in your world. Mine is slow going at the moment, what with Ida gracing mine with her senseless wrath.