(Complete) Love Stories Volume 4 -Lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AmyS

Post by AmyS »

Sorry, run time: 35.04. Is this too long?
msfry

Post by msfry »

AmyS wrote: October 8th, 2021, 2:02 pm Sorry, run time: 35.04. Is this too long?
Thanks for the run time. Up to 70 minutes is fine. Please submit the additional information asked for as well, in this case, your text source.:

Link to uploaded file and File Length in mm:ss
Name of your story
Author (birth year - death year)
Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
Source from which you read (e.g. Gutenberg etext url)
AmyS

Post by AmyS »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Benediction is PL OK! Interesting story for sure and compellingly read, Amy. Thanks for contributing. :thumbs:

And this closes out this 4th collection of 20 Love Stories. Almost a year in the making, which seems long, but I plan to start another one because they do seem so very popular on IA, and surely there are a lot more love stories out there.

Over to you at last, Lynne. Cover is ready to go.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Working on it.

As I am sorting through files, I see a whole bunch of file names beginning 'the' or 'a'. These should not be included in file names. Also, no capital letters, please. These together turn a 1 hour job into a 5 hour job...
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: October 9th, 2021, 11:01 am Working on it.

As I am sorting through files, I see a whole bunch of file names beginning 'the' or 'a'. These should not be included in file names. Also, no capital letters, please. These together turn a 1 hour job into a 5 hour job...
I see one instance of a, two instances of the, and one capital letter.
My bad. I thought the point of leaving off a and the was to shorten long names, not that it was mandatory to the process. The M I missed.
What can I do to help fix these?
Last edited by msfry on October 9th, 2021, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: October 9th, 2021, 11:09 am
Lynnet wrote: October 9th, 2021, 11:01 am Working on it.

I see one instance of a, two instances of the, and one capital letter. What can I do to help fix these?
My bad. I thought the point of leaving off a and the was to shorten long names, not that it was mandatory to the process.
No need to do anything now. I have gone through fixing things on the server (there were 4 with 'a', so I think you looked after I started working on them). I exaggerated on the 5 hours :wink: but it's still got a way to go. It's not to shorten the file names alone... it is also to do with the alphabetizing that has to go on.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Congratulations and thank you to all readers and Michele. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/love-stories-volume-4-by-various/
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynne, these two titles don't show the author:

A Humble Romance, by Mary E. Wilkins
Salvatore the Fisherman by W. Somerset Maugham
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: October 10th, 2021, 3:06 pm Lynne, these two titles don't show the author:

A Humble Romance, by Mary E. Wilkins
Salvatore the Fisherman by W. Somerset Maugham
They do for me… I added them a couple of hours ago :hmm:
msfry

Post by msfry »

OK, I see them there now. Everything looks good now. Thanks so much for sticking with this project FOR A WHOLE YEAR!!!!!! I had no idea so much time had passed -- until yesterday looking back at the summary.

I have a few more love stories in my quiver, so I guess I'll start #5 pretty soon.