COMPLETE[Play]Armand;or The Peer and the Peasant by Mowatt - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10802
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 5th, 2021, 12:23 pm

Blanche, Act IV, there's a repetition around 3:52 "Let me not" (page 45), but I think it can be fixed by the editor when assembling the file.

Blanche, Act V, a missing phrase around 2:27, here in bold "by passions vile unkinged! Thy words Have scorched my brain, and should have seared thy lips In passing them." (page 54).
An extra word around 3:04, here in bold "the unshorn locks of the Nazarene", text is "the unshorn locks the Nazarene Vowed to his God" (page 55)

ktaylor07
Posts: 698
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 5th, 2021, 1:54 pm

Hooray! Hooray! :clap: :clap:
Just edited in your parts of Act III -- So nicely done! Blanche sounds so sweet and innocent. Yet, when push comes to shove, she has a lot of spirit!

jennlea
Posts: 1017
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » January 6th, 2021, 6:17 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 12:23 pm
Blanche, Act IV, there's a repetition around 3:52 "Let me not" (page 45), but I think it can be fixed by the editor when assembling the file.

Blanche, Act V, a missing phrase around 2:27, here in bold "by passions vile unkinged! Thy words Have scorched my brain, and should have seared thy lips In passing them." (page 54).
An extra word around 3:04, here in bold "the unshorn locks of the Nazarene", text is "the unshorn locks the Nazarene Vowed to his God" (page 55)
I went ahead and edited out the repetition in Act 4 and also both corrections in Act 5. Thank you for listening and helping me get my lines in order :9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_blanche_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_blanche_5_128kb.mp3
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

jennlea
Posts: 1017
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » January 6th, 2021, 6:18 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 1:54 pm
Hooray! Hooray! :clap: :clap:
Just edited in your parts of Act III -- So nicely done! Blanche sounds so sweet and innocent. Yet, when push comes to shove, she has a lot of spirit!
Thank you :9:

I can't wait to listen to this when it is finished!!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10802
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 6th, 2021, 6:51 am

jennlea wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 6:17 am
Thank you for listening and helping me get my lines in order
You're welcome! Yes, all perfect and in order now!

ktaylor07
Posts: 698
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 7th, 2021, 2:42 pm

I'm editing together Act I and have discovered that we're missing a line from Victor. It's at the top of page 11. Should be at around 46.0 on your recording -- "In a word, his Majesty is charmed with this piece of incarnate loveliness, -- we may say charmed."

benderca
Posts: 1722
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » January 7th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Here's Jaqueline, Act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_2_128kb.mp3

(for the voice credit, I added "Dame Babette's daughter" -- I noticed that Kelly pronounces Dame with a long "a" and Wayne with a French "a". I remember there was a discussion on this way back when, but I can't remember what was decided, so I did both. 8-) ).

Jaqueline, Act 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_3_128kb.mp3

Jaqueline, Act 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_4_128kb.mp3

Jaqueline, Act 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_5_128kb.mp3

ktaylor07
Posts: 698
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 8th, 2021, 6:34 am

benderca wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 4:07 pm
Here's Jaqueline, Act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_2_128kb.mp3

(for the voice credit, I added "Dame Babette's daughter" -- I noticed that Kelly pronounces Dame with a long "a" and Wayne with a French "a". I remember there was a discussion on this way back when, but I can't remember what was decided, so I did both. 8-) ).

Jaqueline, Act 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_3_128kb.mp3

Jaqueline, Act 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_4_128kb.mp3

Jaqueline, Act 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_jaqueline_5_128kb.mp3
Hooray! Hooray! :clap: :clap: :clap:

EltonTheSnowman
Posts: 126
Joined: November 11th, 2019, 12:10 pm
Location: Croatia

Post by EltonTheSnowman » January 8th, 2021, 6:42 am

ktaylor07 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 2:42 pm

I'm editing together Act I and have discovered that we're missing a line from Victor. It's at the top of page 11. Should be at around 46.0 on your recording -- "In a word, his Majesty is charmed with this piece of incarnate loveliness, -- we may say charmed."
Oh dear, I always miss a line when it gets interrupted by stage directions in a new row. :lol: Here's the corrected version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_victor_1_128kb.mp3
(1:10)
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx

ktaylor07
Posts: 698
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 8th, 2021, 8:06 am

EltonTheSnowman wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 6:42 am
ktaylor07 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 2:42 pm

I'm editing together Act I and have discovered that we're missing a line from Victor. It's at the top of page 11. Should be at around 46.0 on your recording -- "In a word, his Majesty is charmed with this piece of incarnate loveliness, -- we may say charmed."
Oh dear, I always miss a line when it gets interrupted by stage directions in a new row. :lol: Here's the corrected version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_victor_1_128kb.mp3
(1:10)
Me too! Thanks!!

ktaylor07
Posts: 698
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 8th, 2021, 12:42 pm


Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10802
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » January 10th, 2021, 4:44 am

Act 1 is pl ok! Also Jaqueline, acts 2-5, is pl ok.

ktaylor07
Posts: 698
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 12:33 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Post by ktaylor07 » January 10th, 2021, 8:19 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
January 10th, 2021, 4:44 am
Act 1 is pl ok! Also Jaqueline, acts 2-5, is pl ok.
Hooray! Hooray! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here is ACT II

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/armand_act02_128kb.mp3



Post Reply