[group] THE CHILDREN'S BOOK OF CHRISTMAS STORIES - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

loon wrote: January 10th, 2021, 6:04 pm Phil - I see that Chapter 16 in this book - Christmas in the Alley - is available. I'll volunteer to read it if you will PL it for me.
Thank you very much Rich! I will PL :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
audwon

Post by audwon »

Should this book be moved to 'Readers Found' folder? I kept coming here to find stories to read but only found they are all claimed.

Thanks.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

audwon wrote: January 14th, 2021, 7:57 am Should this book be moved to 'Readers Found' folder? I kept coming here to find stories to read but only found they are all claimed.

Thanks.
Yes indeed that is what should be the case. Thanks for the nudge. :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Sect ion 21 has been put back into the pot for anyone to claim. :D :help:
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

For you listening pleasure (or is it nightmare), I present:

15 LITTLE WOLFF'S WOODEN SHOES

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/childrensbookofchristmasstories_15_dickinson_128kb.mp3
11:51

Thanks,

M
loon

Post by loon »

mleigh wrote: January 20th, 2021, 6:19 pm For you listening pleasure (or is it nightmare), I present:

15 LITTLE WOLFF'S WOODEN SHOES

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/childrensbookofchristmasstories_15_dickinson_128kb.mp3
11:51

Thanks,

M
Not a nightmare at all. (Well, maybe for the wealthy kids.)

Chapter 15 is PL OK. Thanks so much.

I'd better get going on my chapter.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
quantumgroup

Post by quantumgroup »

Good evening. I would like to take section 21. How Christmas Came to the Santa Maria Flats. Thanks.

My name can be posted as quantumgroup. Thanks.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

quantumgroup wrote: January 25th, 2021, 4:29 pm Good evening. I would like to take section 21. How Christmas Came to the Santa Maria Flats. Thanks.

My name can be posted as quantumgroup. Thanks.
Welcome quantumgroup, That section is all yours to enjoy. Please ask if anything is confusing.
quantumgroup

Post by quantumgroup »

Thanks!!
quantumgroup

Post by quantumgroup »

Question?? The author of this story, for Chapter 21, How Christmas Came to the Santa Maria Flats , Elia W. Peattie, is her first name pronounced as Illya or Eliya and is the last name pronounced as Peatty? Thanks.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

quantumgroup wrote: January 25th, 2021, 5:07 pm Question?? The author of this story, for Chapter 21, How Christmas Came to the Santa Maria Flats , Elia W. Peattie, is her first name pronounced as Illya or Eliya and is the last name pronounced as Peatty? Thanks.
I would definitely use Illya and Peatty. is that OK with you?
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I have seen your notes on Chapters 32. and 33. Does "Houston, we have a problem" ring a bell? Well now I have a problem. My computer has been running very slowly and I've tried a lot of things to fix it. I recently bought and connected to my computer an external hard drive that now continually backs up my files. So, believing that I could speed things up on the computer by trashing memory-consuming things, I trashed all of my mp3 files, music and photos. And now I find that the only mp3 file in the hard disk is Chapter 13 of Mrs. Dalloway. You have the files, of course, and I thought perhaps I could 'select' and drag Chapters 32 and 33 over to my recording app, Audacity, but that didn't work. I also "copied" your copy of Chapter 32 and tried to "paste" it into Audacity, but that didn't work either. Perhaps you know how I could access your copies of Chapters 32 and 33 and get them into Audacity. ? If not, I shall have to re-record and submit both Chapter anew to change one word in each.
Russ Bruno
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Shasta wrote: January 27th, 2021, 2:05 pm I have seen your notes on Chapters 32. and 33. Does "Houston, we have a problem" ring a bell? Well now I have a problem. My computer has been running very slowly and I've tried a lot of things to fix it. I recently bought and connected to my computer an external hard drive that now continually backs up my files. So, believing that I could speed things up on the computer by trashing memory-consuming things, I trashed all of my mp3 files, music and photos. And now I find that the only mp3 file in the hard disk is Chapter 13 of Mrs. Dalloway. You have the files, of course, and I thought perhaps I could 'select' and drag Chapters 32 and 33 over to my recording app, Audacity, but that didn't work. I also "copied" your copy of Chapter 32 and tried to "paste" it into Audacity, but that didn't work either. Perhaps you know how I could access your copies of Chapters 32 and 33 and get them into Audacity. ? If not, I shall have to re-record and submit both Chapter anew to change one word in each.
Oh, I think this is very solvable and you do not need to record either chapter again. Since chapter 32 is PL ok already, I will accept chapter 33 as it stands and mark it PL OK. :thumbs: But your computer is another thing and it sounds like something is slowing it down. I hope you find the problem and get back to having fun recording.
loon

Post by loon »

Shasta wrote: January 27th, 2021, 2:05 pm I have seen your notes on Chapters 32. and 33. Does "Houston, we have a problem" ring a bell? Well now I have a problem. My computer has been running very slowly and I've tried a lot of things to fix it. I recently bought and connected to my computer an external hard drive that now continually backs up my files. So, believing that I could speed things up on the computer by trashing memory-consuming things, I trashed all of my mp3 files, music and photos. And now I find that the only mp3 file in the hard disk is Chapter 13 of Mrs. Dalloway. You have the files, of course, and I thought perhaps I could 'select' and drag Chapters 32 and 33 over to my recording app, Audacity, but that didn't work. I also "copied" your copy of Chapter 32 and tried to "paste" it into Audacity, but that didn't work either. Perhaps you know how I could access your copies of Chapters 32 and 33 and get them into Audacity. ? If not, I shall have to re-record and submit both Chapter anew to change one word in each.
Ouch. I have a laptop that's so old the button battery on the motherboard has run down and it has forgotten everything.

I see Phil is just going to OK it as is. I have a copy of 33 on my local disk. If it's OK with you and Phil, I'll see if I can grab you reading 'stories' somewhere in the chapter and replace 'carols' and replace the file with that. Phil, OK? Shasta, OK?
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Well, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!! I was very depressed when appeared that I had to re-record those two chapters. Thank you.
Russ Bruno