COMPLETE [CLASSICS] The Public Orations of Demosthenes -Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Hello everybody! 🐙
I see you cooked a great cake here which just needs a good icing on it!
So, if nobody claimed for PL the last section, as I can see, then I could DPL this book and do the last PLing! 🙆‍♂️
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Sure, thanks! =D
Leni
=================
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Whew! Fourth time a charm! (I installed the latest version of Audacity (older one kept crashing?) and failed to re-visit all the settings so the "Checker" was laying me out with a body check). Seems OK now though, although I hope your instructions about ignoring 'footnotes and bracketed numbers' is not referring to the 'stage directions' or 'stage descriptions' which are also in brackets or parentheses a few times in this speech (i.e. (to the clerk) or [the inscriptions are read]). If i guessed wrong, please advise and I can easily remove them.

30m 27sec in length (including about a solid minute or two of Greek names, forgive my Anglo struggles)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_30_demosthenes_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Brize
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Leni wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:17 pm Sure, thanks! =D
Ok, I`m going to PL sec 30 but I see I`m still not a DPL here... Could it be changed pls? 👦
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

BrizeCrize wrote: April 9th, 2021, 12:36 pm 30m 27sec in length (including about a solid minute or two of Greek names, forgive my Anglo struggles)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/publicorations_30_demosthenes_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Brize
Hi Brize! 🍏

I`m going to read all your communication here in order to understand better all the details and to PL this section.
Good luck! 🙏
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Good to hear, Alexander, and a Ukrainian yet! I don't know how close Ukrainian is to Greek, but it has to be closer than English, so hopefully between to two of us we'll get all those Greek names passably close. Have fun proofing!
Brize
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi! I don't want to spoil anything, but I'm curious if the Volunteers outside the USA disclaimer is applied for PLing too?
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:42 pm Hi! I don't want to spoil anything, but I'm curious if the Volunteers outside the USA disclaimer is applied for PLing too?
Hello Hanna! 💐

I don`t believe any constructive criticism could spoil anything here.
If you speak about the text`s being in the public domain, Ukraine is a 50+ years country.
And if you speak about my knowledge of English, the actual practice demonstrate it`s enough for type of PL Standard, which is requested here. For I follow the reading, checking it directly to the text.
So I believe I`m okay for it... Do you agree? 😇
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

By the way:
Volunteers outside the USA: Arthur Wallace Pickard-Cambridge died in 1952. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years),
are we sure Canada is listed correctly here? :hmm:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:42 pm Hi! I don't want to spoil anything, but I'm curious if the Volunteers outside the USA disclaimer is applied for PLing too?
Truly, I`m wrong and for some reason had a wrong information before, for Ukraine`s copyright is 70+ years. Indeed you`re right and we have to clarify it for sure.
THANX! 💜
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Yeah, I didn't want to spoil the fun(
I've checked once more the current law of Ukraine Про авторське право і суміжні права.
https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3792-12?find=1&text=%D1%81%D1%83%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%96%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%B5+%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8F#w1_1

Ст.28 says about 70+ years rule.

Alexander, I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to question your English. Furthermore, I think many people on LV may agree with me that it's pretty good) My English is rusty and I'm surely not the one to judge)

Sorry
Last edited by HannaPonomarenko on April 9th, 2021, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: April 9th, 2021, 4:27 pm Yeah, I didn't want to spoil the fun(
Don`t worry, Hanna! Really, you did very well! 🤗
So, I`m waiting MC or BC to explain if
the Volunteers outside the USA disclaimer is applied for PLing too?
before starting to PL.

Cheers 🌸
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello.

Not sure I understand perfectly what happened here, but trying to clarify.

Yes, the rule applies to PLers, because they have to download the text and listen to it. So, if it is not PD in your country, you should not do it. However, I am not a lawyer :) so I don't know what the rule is in other people's countries and in which countries the rule of shorter term applies. I act in good faith, understanding people will take care of their own situation.

About Canada, yes, the general rule is 50 years: https://copyright.ubc.ca/public-domain/#Public_Domain_in_Canada

Most European countries and signataries to the Berne convention agree to the rule of shorter term, but I do not know if it applies to Ukraine and to this text specifically for you.

I have updated the window. Please let me know though if you will or not PL this last section. :)
Leni
=================
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Leni wrote: April 9th, 2021, 7:04 pm Hello.

Not sure I understand perfectly what happened here, but trying to clarify.
Hello Leni!

Truly, I can`t PL this project for the copyright issues, so excuse me please and cancel from a DPL.
About Canada, yes, the general rule is 50 years:
So, this country shouldn`t be listed in the
Volunteers outside the USA disclaimer
Am I right?

Thanx!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Ok, no problem.

And that message is automatically added to any project that might not be PD everywhere. It does not calculate, it just adds when the work is not PD outside the US for any reason. So, yes, for this book, Canada doesn't need to worry. But the same message comes out when the author died in 1979, for example. :)
Leni
=================