COMPLETE - [SPEECHES] State of the Union Addresses 1909-1912 (Taft) – lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Wilson and Harding are now open: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=83490
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! :clap:

21:42 – You went a bit off script, but I’m very glad to hear that you finally mean it. Now we can move on to something else. :wink:

The Navy of the United States is in a greater state of efficiency and is more powerful than it has ever been before, but in the emulation which exists between different countries in respect to the increase of naval and military armaments this condition is not a permanent one. In view of the many improvements and increases by foreign Governments the slightest halt on our part in respect to new construction throws us back and reduces us from a naval power of the first rank and places us among the nations of the second rank.

21:42 – ok, I’ll admit, I was yawning during this part and calculating how much time was remaining. Thanks for the extra “I have no idea what that means.” :lol:

Oops, I just realized I got a timestamp wrong. I'm assuming you know where they are. Fingers crossed.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Here is section 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1909_1912_02_various_128kb.mp3

33:16

I have section 3 recorded, just need to edit it. It should be along in the next day or two.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
realisticspeakers

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1909_1912_15_various_128kb.mp3
[33:34]

21:44 – Sorry, I like to entertain myself and did not mean to leave it in there. (unlike the horrors I leave for KevinS)
31:32 – Sometimes, I like to entertain you. (removed)
linny wrote: November 1st, 2020, 10:16 am Oops, I just realized I got a timestamp wrong. I'm assuming you know where they are. Fingers crossed.
I promise no jokes in section 16. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by realisticspeakers on November 2nd, 2020, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: November 1st, 2020, 4:05 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1909_1912_15_various_128kb.mp3
[33:34]

21:44 – Sorry, I like to entertain myself and did not mean to leave it in there. (unlike the horrors I leave for KevinS)
31:32 – Sometimes, I like to entertain you. (removed)
linny wrote: November 1st, 2020, 10:16 am Oops, I just realized I got a timestamp wrong. I'm assuming you know where they are. Fingers crossed.
I promise no jokes in section 16. Fingers crossed.
I actually look forward to a little deviation during SOTU DPL duties. I appreciate you humor.

15 is spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 3:59 am https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1909_1912_16_various_128kb.mp3

[36:32]

thank you for putting up with me :mrgreen:
PL ok. You are a delight. Too bad the bridge ended up in Ill instead of DC. :?

Good luck to you in the election...may the odds forever be in your favor (as long as you vote the same as I do. :lol: )
linny

Post by linny »

ColleenMc wrote: November 1st, 2020, 11:18 am Here is section 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1909_1912_02_various_128kb.mp3

I have section 3 recorded, just need to edit it. It should be along in the next day or two.

Colleen
Colleen,
You are up for PL tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. I'm learning how to fit LV into a working schedule. :shock:
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 6:05 pm Too bad the bridge ended up in Ill instead of DC. :?

Good luck to you in the election...may the odds forever be in your favor (as long as you vote the same as I do. :lol: )
I was thinking of the one in New Jersey to Staten Island. Crossed it many many many times in another life.
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 6:39 pm I was thinking of the one in New Jersey to Staten Island. Crossed it many many many times in another life.
I don't know it as well. I lived in NJ but I tried to stay off the island.
linny

Post by linny »

ColleenMc wrote: November 1st, 2020, 11:18 am Here is section 2:

Colleen
Wonderful job! PL OK. :9:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

At long last, here's the last section of 1909!

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1909_1912_03_various_128kb.mp3

34:37

There are some bits that sounds like clunks or rumbles, let me know if they are too distracting and I can re-record the sentence or phrase where they may be more noticable (I already did some as I was editing). I live close to the Atlanta airport and on cloudy days the plane noise can be really annoying. I try to stop and let the worst of it pass but sometimes I miss some and it doesn't get all the way filtered out with noise reduction.

Thank you! On to Wilson!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

linny

Post by linny »

ColleenMc wrote: November 17th, 2020, 12:13 pm At long last, here's the last section of 1909!

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1909_1912_03_various_128kb.mp3

34:37

There are some bits that sounds like clunks or rumbles, let me know if they are too distracting and I can re-record the sentence or phrase where they may be more noticable (I already did some as I was editing). I live close to the Atlanta airport and on cloudy days the plane noise can be really annoying. I try to stop and let the worst of it pass but sometimes I miss some and it doesn't get all the way filtered out with noise reduction.

Thank you! On to Wilson!

Colleen
Colleen,
You do such a great job. Thank you! PL OK. I use headphones to PL and any background noise was minimal at best. :clap:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Thank you so much! I appreciate your saying so. Looking forward to getting onto Wilson!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon