COMPLETE Ben the Luggage Boy or Among the Wharves by Horatio Alger Jr.-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

Thank you:) I was going for October 3rd as I am reading it by request for a friend's birthday. She loves the stories in this series but struggles with multiple readers as she tries to use them to shut down at night. You are proofreading superfast, which is very hopeful for me. Thank you, again.
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

I did end up fixing section 1...You were absolutely correct that I "read" the wrong word. I re-uploaded that section and replaced the link. Thank you for the catch.
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

The last section is uploaded. I hope you enjoy the end of the story:)
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

I've been waiting for it all day! :) (I PL'ed the others this morning from my phone, but wanted to check technical things before posting.) I'll listen to section 13 in a bit, and in the meantime I'll give you my other findings. ;)

Section 1 Spot PL OK :thumbs: Great job on the patch! I wouldn't know it's there if I hadn't heard it earlier.

Sections 9, 10, & 12 PL OK :clap:

Section 11 optional PL note:
~6:58 It goes rather abruptly from one sentence to the next. Your call on whether you want to work with that...
If you decide to edit that, you might also bump the volume up on this section, as checker reads it at 86.3 dB. Also double check beginning silence. All of these are minor enough that I'm fine with whatever you're comfortable with.

Thanks,
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

I certainly enjoyed it! :D Just a bit of a note on this one as well...

~4:56 (Text in bold) "... See if she recognizes me." Summoned by Charles, The word 'me' seems to have been chopped out.
*Volume also needs amplified, as it's at 85.5 dB.

Thanks for all the great listening! I've been a long time Horatio Alger, Jr fan. :)
~Rosebud
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

Thanks, Rosebud, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Alger definitely teaches some good lessons through his heroes, and I do enjoy his writing style. Patches drive me crazy, and I wasn't able to do as well on the ones today as that one, but I suppose they are better than missing words. I also amplified both files and reloaded sections 11 & 13. Thank you again for all of your help and your superquick turnaround.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Awesome! I’ll check them out as soon as I can! :)
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Hurray!! They're all PL OK :clap:

So now we're ready for cataloging! :9:
~Rosebud
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/ben-the-luggage-boy2-by-horatio-alger-jr/
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

Thank you both! :clap:
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Thanks for making PLing so easy and fun! :9:

A Happy Birthday wish to your friend! :birthday:

I hope you both like the cover, though now when I look at it I think I should have done it a little differently. :lol: That always happens after I upload...
~Rosebud