[Complete]Coffee Break Collection #29 - DOGS - Lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cbc29_tuffytodd_rap_128kb.mp3 17:15

Tuffy Todd's Adventure: A True Story

By SAMUEL DOGGEREL (also known as Lewis D. Harlow 1818-1895 )

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/41615
msfry

Post by msfry »

Tuffy Todd is PL OK. How cute! This poem reminds me, I used to think in rhyme. :) Alas, I don't anymore. :(
aundrea543

Post by aundrea543 »

I'd like to record Meddlesome Pussy from Pussy and Doggy Tales by E. Nesbit. I glanced through the comments and no one has planned to do that one from what I can tell. Please let me know if I'm mistaken and I'll find something else to work on. :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

aundrea543 wrote: December 6th, 2020, 10:03 am I'd like to record Meddlesome Pussy from Pussy and Doggy Tales by E. Nesbit. I glanced through the comments and no one has planned to do that one from what I can tell. Please let me know if I'm mistaken and I'll find something else to work on. :)
So far nobody has claimed that one. Please supply the link to the text you read from when you submit your recording, and make sure it is in the public domain.
aundrea543

Post by aundrea543 »

msfry wrote: December 6th, 2020, 10:07 am
aundrea543 wrote: December 6th, 2020, 10:03 am I'd like to record Meddlesome Pussy from Pussy and Doggy Tales by E. Nesbit. I glanced through the comments and no one has planned to do that one from what I can tell. Please let me know if I'm mistaken and I'll find something else to work on. :)
So far nobody has claimed that one. Please supply the link to the text you read from when you submit your recording, and make sure it is in the public domain.
Oops! As I was getting ready to record, I see this collection is Dogs :lol:
I'll do "Tinker" instead. I'm still using Pussy and Doggie Tales (the one linked above the magic window) but I'll post the link to the book when I submit my recording.
aundrea543

Post by aundrea543 »

mgt

Post by mgt »

Hi!
Can I claim "The vain setter" from "Pussy and Doggie tales?"
Thanks!
mgt

Post by mgt »

mgt

Post by mgt »

Hi.
I'd like to read "The Tables Turned" from Pussy and Doggy Tales if it hasn't already been taken
msfry

Post by msfry »

mgt wrote: December 13th, 2020, 4:32 am Hi.
I'd like to read "The Tables Turned" from Pussy and Doggy Tales if it hasn't already been taken
Sure, the way our collections work, you record something of your own choosing, on topic of course, making sure it's Public Domain. Submit your recording along with the text link you read from, time, title and author (see first post). And in this particular collection, make sure it's no longer than 15 minutes. Check the Magic Window first to be sure someone else hasn't already submitted it, but if they have, we can always send it over to another collection. :D
mgt

Post by mgt »

Last edited by mgt on December 13th, 2020, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Tinker is PL OK. Cute story, Andrea, charmingly read!
aundrea543

Post by aundrea543 »

msfry wrote: December 13th, 2020, 9:14 am Tinker is PL OK. Cute story, Andrea, charmingly read!
Thank you :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Pl Notes The Vain Setter

Hi Maria, there are several problems with this recording.

First there are lots of plosives throughout. To prevent this in future recordings, place your microphone 45 degrees to the side of your mouth, or cover it with a sock or screen, or both. See if that helps.

Tech spec problems reported by Checker:
[*]Bit rate should be constant, rather than variable
[*]Bit rate should be 128 kbps
[*]Your volume, at 84.4, falls outside the target range of 86-92, (with a median of 89 to shoot for)

To correct: When you export your file to an mp3, that's where you set your bit rate to Constant, your Quality to 128kb. Once set on your machine, it will retain these settings for every export.
To correct volume to 89 in Audacity: Select the whole file. Go Effects/Amplify +7. Effects/Compress -14, -40, 5:1, .10, 1.0, nothing checked. It sounds good this way, no distortion.

Recording errors:
2:01 holding my tail gently in my teeth, you say feet
You can eliminate the short disclaimer from the end "This Librivox recording is in the Public Domain". Per Intro instructions in the First Post, you already gave the long disclaimer at the beginning.
Meta tags. Artist's name is E. Nesbit Album Title is "Coffee Break Collection #29 - DOGS. You can add your name in the Comments section if you wish, "Read by .......".

Please upload your corrections and repost the link here, with the new time. Use the same name.
mgt

Post by mgt »

I've recorded it again, trying to follow your advice.
I hope it will be better this time, even if I'm afraid there might still be some problems with the amplification.
Let me know

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cbc29_thevainsetter_mgt_128kb.mp3

Duration 07:09
The Vain Setter
E.Nesbit
1858-1924
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27190