COMPLETE - [SOLO] The Boy Scouts of Woodcraft Camp - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 14 is PL OK.

That saying was a blast from the past. Much easier to read and hear than others we find around here.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 15 and 16 are ready.

To try and get a jump on the other project, I started recording that.
Wow! Ch 1 was well over an hour of raw audio. I checked and this book is about 270,000 words. The longest I've done before this was about 197,000.

*Gulp*
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 15 and 16 are both PL OK. I wonder how many people know what a diddy bag is? :lol:

My husband and I are recording a biblical commentary on Genesis. It's about 300 pages. It's not going nearly fast enough. :roll:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Interesting. How do you two split up the tasks?
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
linny

Post by linny »

I read the commentary. Glenn reads the Torah text. So, he gets to be the voice of G_d and I ramble on about what he means. :lol:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

So, is he reading in Hebrew?
linny

Post by linny »

No it's an English translation, written by a Russian. It's a challenge. :D
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 17 is ready for PL
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Well, I didn't get the gig.
I auditioned twice then he came back and said he didn't like my style as much as the other guy's.
I don't get it. He'd said he'd been listening to one of my other books, so he'd had eight hours of my style to consider before even getting me wound up.
Oh well, it was going to be a rough schedule. He wanted it done by Christmas.

Have you ever done any reading professionally? I found myself wondering how the process worked at ACX.
linny

Post by linny »

I"m sorry for your disappointment. He could have just been listening to a few moments of your original recording before jumping to the next voice.

I have read professionally but not for ACX. In the long run I found it took the fun out of my hobby. For me, the pay wasn't worth the hours and the stress.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I like your perspective on it, thanks.
Ch 19 is ready for PL.

Would you be interested in teaming up on more of these Burgess Boy Scout adventures?
I'll get set up for the next one this weekend.

Keith
linny

Post by linny »

Keratak wrote: October 15th, 2020, 8:47 pm I like your perspective on it, thanks.
Ch 19 is ready for PL.

Would you be interested in teaming up on more of these Burgess Boy Scout adventures?
I'll get set up for the next one this weekend.

Keith
Certainly as long as you can deal with my being a bit late from time to time. I start teaching M-F from 8-1. After that I do errands for my parents so my LV time is dramatically reduced until mom feels better.

When you post the project just include a note that I'll be MCing and DPLing for you.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapters 17, 18 and 19 are PL OK. Very exciting!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

The delay is totally fine! I like to keep the pressure on myself to finish, but I consider it done when I submit the section.

Thanks for checking the latest chapters. I wanted to finish 20 last night, but got tired.
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I looked in project Gutenberg, Archive, and some others, but I couldn't find the next book in the Boy Scout Series, The Boy Scouts on Swift River.
Do you know where these next ones can be found?