[COMPLETE] Keep-Well Stories for Little Folks-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
loon

Post by loon »

spatel2 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 6:17 pm Ok. These are the final sections. I recovered them from the trash, listened to them to make sure they were correct, edited them, and now here they are. I have learned not to mix up two sections.
Section 15(also the final one): https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_15_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
Section 15 - A Queer Case - PL OK.

Most of us work out some way to keep older (maybe partial) versions of the sections we are working on - and to keep track of which is the current one. This may be by moving an older version to some other folder, or maybe by renaming versions we want to save with some date/time notation. Many of us learn this because deleting / overwriting / losing a part of a project is such a powerful teacher.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

loon wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:09 pm
spatel2 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 6:17 pm Ok. These are the final sections. I recovered them from the trash, listened to them to make sure they were correct, edited them, and now here they are. I have learned not to mix up two sections.
Section 15(also the final one): https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_15_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
Section 15 - A Queer Case - PL OK.

Most of us work out some way to keep older (maybe partial) versions of the sections we are working on - and to keep track of which is the current one. This may be by moving an older version to some other folder, or maybe by renaming versions we want to save with some date/time notation. Many of us learn this because deleting / overwriting / losing a part of a project is such a powerful teacher.
Oh, that is a good idea. Will get to that. What about Section 10? Did I do something wrong there? I can fix it. I noticed it's marked as see pl notes
~ Shriya
loon

Post by loon »

spatel2 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 7:55 pm
Here is the updated recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_10_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
The updated version is now PL OK. Thank you.
loon

Post by loon »

spatel2 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:11 pm
Oh, that is a good idea. Will get to that. What about Section 10? Did I do something wrong there? I can fix it. I noticed it's marked as see pl notes
I hadn't noticed you had uploaded another version while I was spot checking section 15. I'll update the Magic Window in a moment.
spatel2

Post by spatel2 »

loon wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:15 pm
spatel2 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:11 pm
I hadn't noticed you had uploaded another version while I was spot checking section 15. I'll update the Magic Window in a moment.
Oh ok. I think I should have gave the link in a quote instead of a reply so you would have received it.
~ Shriya
loon

Post by loon »

spatel2 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:16 pm Oh ok. I think I should have gave the link in a quote instead of a reply so you would have received it.
That wasn't a problem. I simply hadn't refreshed this forum page until after I had finished editing the magic window.
loon

Post by loon »

Betty -
Section zero - Foreword - PL OK.
Section 22 - First Aid To The Injured And The Boy Scouts - PL OK.
Thanks!
loon

Post by loon »

With that we have reached the half way (by chapters) point in our book.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, nice work, everyone! We are whizzing through this book!
ponomom

Post by ponomom »

mightyfelix wrote: September 19th, 2020, 4:36 pm
ponomom wrote: September 19th, 2020, 1:27 pm I would like to claim section 19. thank you.
Excellent, thank you! And that makes us fully claimed, after only 6 days! :shock: It's a short little book, but I still expected it to take longer than that. This must be a record for me. :D

Welcome to LibriVox, ponomom! And congratulations on completing your test, thanks for doing that! What name would you like to use in the catalogue? It can be your real name, your forum name, or anything else you like. Have fun recording this section, and let me know if you have questions.
Thank you! Excited to get started as this is my first recording. I think I will go with my nickname which is Lily, and playing around with a "stage" last name which is Ellis!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ponomom wrote: September 24th, 2020, 4:34 pm Thank you! Excited to get started as this is my first recording. I think I will go with my nickname which is Lily, and playing around with a "stage" last name which is Ellis!
Nice! So Lily Ellis, then?
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Here are my two sections:

12 Our Little Enemies - One Little Girl

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_12_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
7:25

20 The Sand Bed - The House That Jack Built

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_20_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
4:18

Quite fun little reads.

Thanks,

M
loon

Post by loon »

mleigh wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:11 am 12 Our Little Enemies - One Little Girl

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_12_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
7:25
Section 12 is PL OK.
I'll check your section 20 next.
loon

Post by loon »

mleigh wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:11 am 20 The Sand Bed - The House That Jack Built

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_20_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
4:18

Quite fun little reads.
I found a missed edit in the Sand Bed poem - at about 1:07 the line "The yard holds in the lively hens" is repeated.

Other than that everything is OK. I'll mark this section 'see pl notes' for now.

I'm so glad that most of the diseases listed in your previous chapter have been almost eliminated. Maybe this 'hygiene' stuff does work!