Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Breaking news! 3 chapters now open! These are very short, so please try to get them in quickly if you claim, so we can finish off this project!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: November 20th, 2020, 10:28 pm Breaking news! 3 chapters now open! These are very short, so please try to get them in quickly if you claim, so we can finish off this project!
If you don't mind, I can take all three and have them ready in a few days.
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Not at all, thanks so much!
loon

Post by loon »

Larry -
At ~2:52 I hear 'Strong, healthy bodies are poor seed and ground...'
The text reads 'Strong, healthy bodies are poor seed ground...'
That makes the sentence confusing.

Wikipedia says TB is still a problem in much of the world except Canada, Western Europe and the US. I didn't know that.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
loon

Post by loon »

Section 8 - A Wonderful Stream - PL OK.
loon

Post by loon »

Section 13 - Clovis, the Boy King - PL OK.

One stray 'and' remains between us and completion. Larry will have that out in no time!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

loon wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 3:01 am
Larry -

Wikipedia says TB is still a problem in much of the world except Canada, Western Europe and the US. I didn't know that.
Thank you for the good PL!
You would think that clipping out a little word would be a simple thing. It is, but it throws the whole intonation off. So, recording the sentence is the only sensible thing to do.

Yes, TB is still a major global health problem. Our early Peace Corps teams in Korea battled it. Our group focused on agriculture, but we served concurrently with them. Spitting is still a bad habit there. And, I had a trained TB health technician as part of my medical team that I led in Haiti for four years.. Both of these were quite a few years ago, and things have improved in Korea with better hygiene but not in Haiti. We do have good diagnosis and treatment (antibiotics, not just "fresh air") but poverty and politics means the people who need it don't get it. Tuberculosis of the bones was serious, esp in children, and we had a whole hospital in Port-au-Prince for them.

Anyway, the corrected file is uploaded, and you can clear two projects from your DPL list today. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_05_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 9:39 pm
loon wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 3:01 am
Larry -

Thank you for the good PL!
You would think that clipping out a little word would be a simple thing. It is, but it throws the whole intonation off. So, recording the sentence is the only sensible thing to do.

Yes, TB is still a major global health problem. Our early Peace Corps teams in Korea battled it. Our group focused on agriculture, but we served concurrently with them. Spitting is still a bad habit there. And, I had a trained TB health technician as part of my medical team that I led in Haiti for four years.. Both of these were quite a few years ago, and things have improved in Korea with better hygiene but not in Haiti. We do have good diagnosis and treatment (antibiotics, not just "fresh air") but poverty and politics means the people who need it don't get it. Tuberculosis of the bones was serious, esp in children, and we had a whole hospital in Port-au-Prince for them.

Anyway, the corrected file is uploaded, and you can clear two projects from your DPL list today. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/keepwellstories_05_farinholtjones_128kb.mp3
Well, I happened to be strolling by and saw this. So I did this quick spot PL myself, it is indeed PL ok, and I'll get started on sending it over to archive. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/keep-well-stories-for-little-folks-by-may-farinholt-jones/