COMPLETE: "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

OK Rick. Thanks. Look for this to be in the catalog sometime tomorrow. I will post in this thread when it's done. :)
Jo
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Jo,

Thank you so much!

Rick
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Congratulations Rick on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/a-tale-of-two-cities-by-charles-dickens-5/
Jo
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Hi, Jo:

Thanks again for cataloging this. However, when I try to do a search for the title in the search box for the public, I do not see my version (version 5) anywhere on the page that displays titles for this novel. The same is true for the Librivox app for mobile devices--it pulls up other versions of A Tale of Two Cities but not mine. Also, when I click on the iTunes button on the catalog page, it does not subscribe to iTunes but delivers and error message.

Rick
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Rick,

Here is the result of the search in the LV catalog for "Tale of Two Cities" usin the Search by Author, Title or Reader at the top of every catalog page.

https://librivox.org/search/?q=tale%20of%20two%20cities&search_form=advanced

We have nothing to do with the LibriVox app or any other apps or sites that use our recordings.

As for the iTunes link on the catalog page, I don't really use iTunes, but you can use that link to subscribe to an audiobook as a podcast. Copy the link and in itunes File - Subscribe to Podcast, then enter the link in the box that comes up and click OK. Chapters will download (seemingly in random order, but eventually all will be there) and once they are all downloaded you can listen chapter by chapter.

At some point there will be an m4b file available for the book (these are made manually by one of our volunteers). Once that is the case, then you can follow the steps below to download it to itunes.

1. download the m4b file to your hard drive
2. open itunes on your computer
3. change the media type in itunes to audiobooks
4. Under the file menu, select add file to library - find the m4b you saved on your hard drive and select it and choose open

The audiobook will appear in the list of audiobooks in itunes. Double click to listen. Your place will be automatically bookmarked if you pause the playback.

Hope this helps answer your questions.
Jo
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Jo,

Thank you for this rich information and detail, which is exactly what I was looking for.

By the way, I love the cover you created for the audiobook.

Rick
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I didn't make the cover, Rick, but I agree it's great! David Purdy (salvationist on the forum) is the cover artist.
Jo
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Jo,

Thanks for letting me know. I will thank him for that.

Rick
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

I wonder how to have my full name display in the pages that introduces my audio narrations? My username is fine for a username but I usually want my full name to display.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Rick,

I assume you are talking about on the catalog pages? Just tell me what you want your catalog name changed to and I can do that for you.
Jo
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Hi, Jo:

Please set my catalog name as Richard Reiman. Thanks!

Rick
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Jo
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

Thanks, Jo!

Rick