Complete-SOLO: The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Hi Lynette,

Been having a difficult time recording. Couldn’t get more than five minutes in before voice went.

Will try again next week. Hopefully, I will be able to finish this chapter then.

Best wishes
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Pt 2 Ch. 17 ready.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude! I just pulled your latest section to PL soon.

Hopefully your voice continued healing. I can somewhat relate - mine still at times gets the "COVID wobble" that plagues me. Make it very weak and wobbly, pretty much like a 100 year old lady's voice, that gives out after just a few minutes. I don't have a sore throat, and haven't had problems with coughing fits for a couple of months, now, but I guess my vocal chords are still weakened from the long-viral effects.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

cstew64 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 7:21 am Pt 2 Ch. 17 ready.
Hi, Claude - I hope today is an OK day for you.

Section 31 is great reading-wise. It just needs to have the volume amplified so that the decibels are in the LibriVox range of 86-92. Right now, Checker flags the file at 83.2.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Ah, crap. Forgot to do that.

I’ll get it done
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Taken care of. Thanks
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

All happy now :)

31 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Hi Lynette,

Hope all is well.

Chapter 18 is ready.

Please let me know if it's too monotone.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 19 and book complete. YAY! :D

Hope the book sounds good. 19 was a short enough chapter so, I wanted to finish it before my next chemo treatment.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Summary

“The Magnificent Adventure” by Emerson Hough;

The author takes us back to the dawning years of the United States of America. To the time of the Louisiana purchase. At the time Thomas Jefferson awarded Meriwether Lewis the honor of leading an expedition west.

Distraught, our hero suffers knowing the love of his life, Theodosia, is now a married woman. Forever tormented, he accepts the duty asked by his President.
Preparing to depart on one of the greatest adventures in the history of modern man, Meriwether is challenged to cease by none other than the woman whom he loves so dearly. Secretly doing so on her father’s behalf, Theodosia pleads for Meriwether to end the great adventure before it even begins. Her father, Aaron Burr, the Vice President of the United States and his foreign conspirators must stop the expedition at all costs.

The story follows the expedition of Lewis and Clark. Detailing the overwhelming adversity of the men involved in this great adventure. From launching their boats in Pittsburgh, to embedding the American flag on the turbulent beaches of the great State of Oregon.

Lewis and Clark return in victory. Return to honor and fame. For completing such a daunting task they are both awarded appointment to high office in payment of their sacrifice.

But, the melancholy of Meriwether Lewis continues. Now Governor of the Louisiana territory, Meriwether embarks on his final journey. A journey that ends in mystery…
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
I will update your summary and catalog this tonight, if the last section is PL ok.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude! Sorry I'm slow this week! (Catching up work after daughter's wedding) I'll get both sections PL'd first thing tomorrow for you.
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

I hope the wedding was a wonderful day for you and your daughter.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, Claude. They enjoyed their day very much. :)

Both of the last sections are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Congratulations on finishing this project despite some extremely challenging circumstances! You did a really nice job - and you always make PL work a cinch.

Go ahead and look me up again if you're ever looking for a DPL on a future project. Not sure if you're taking a break for a while? Or if your health and voice are on a definite recovery already. Sure hope that is so for you! I've enjoyed working with your recordings.
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Wanted to thank you for all your hard work and kind words. You helped make the last two books a pleasure to work on.

I only have two more chemo treatments, hopefully, so I'll probably take a break til August. Let my voice get back to normal.

Once again, thank you. Wishing you and your family health and happiness.

Sincerely,
Claude