Complete-SOLO: The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 16 is PL OK :thumbs:

You really are quite good with your different accents, Claude. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Thanks.

Hope you're feeling better??? :)

Too many character voices in this chapter. Some may sound the same. Kind of made my head hurt keeping up with them.

Part 2 Chapter 3 ready.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Heh! I always have a hard time keeping track of my voices - plus, I can only read a little bit each day when I'm doing them, as my throat does not like it.

Thanks for caring - I do feel better. I just noticed this morning that I don't cough nearly as much as before. Still get majorly fatigued if I try to do anything physically demanding, including lifting anything heavy. Makes me wonder if I've got that myocarditis issue, since my lungs are clear. I totally cracked up yesterday when I stepped onto our treadmill to re-introduce exercise to my days - - - I lasted all of .18 mile at only 1.3 speed. :lol: :lol: :lol: Prior to Covid, my warm-up speed was 2.4, and I could speed walk or jog a 5K with no problems at high speeds. So it really made me laugh. Also, today I managed vacuuming the entire upstairs for the first time, so that's a mood lifter!

Pulling your section now for PL work tomorrow. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 17 is PL OK :thumbs:

nicely done
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Hope you and your family had a nice holiday season. Are you feeling better? Hope so.

Part 2 Chapter 4 ready.

Multiple character voices again. Hope it sounds okay??? UGH! :shock:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude,

We had a very quiet Christmas and New Year's alone, but not unpleasant. Thank you.

And I'm feeling significantly better this week. I would say about 75% back to my normal self in most ways! I still can only do my main work for an hour at most in a given day. I do longarm quilting for hire, and it's pretty demanding physically to drive the machinery around. Normally that's not a problem for me, but Covid does a number on your stamina and breathing in some weird way that's hard to identify and describe. At least I can record again, so long as I'm not doing something that wants pitch changes. My throat still gives out if I try reading with different voices.

By the way, your voice changes sound good here :)

Section 18 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Part 2 Chapter 5 ready.

I need to start volunteering for shorter books.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 19 is PL OK :thumbs:

Well, you're just about 2/3 through, so there's a lot less waiting than what you've finished already. :)
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Ah, your optimism is helpful. Thank you.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Part 2 Chapter 6 ready.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 20 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Part 2 Chapter 7 ready.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 21 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Part 2 Chapter 8 ready.

A side note;

This chapter speaks of the Fraser River in Canada. In 2009, at the point of the river where it starts to flow south at Prince George Canada, which is not a nice place, a good friend and I hiked that river into the Torpee mountain range of the Canadian Rockies. It was a two week journey. Going North along the trail, just enjoying the scenery, we stumbled upon a bear about 50 yards in front of us. Just feeding on berries. Stopping, since we are in the east, thought it was a young adult cinnamon black bear. Until, we sort of both saw it at the same time, noticed the hump at the base of its neck. About this time, a large group of small Alder trees started shaking about 20 yards to the left of the cub. Our quickly frightened selves, realized that was not a black bear but, a Grizzly cub.

Thank goodness the wind was blowing in our face, We slowly backed down the trail. Just as we were losing sight of the cub, momma flopped her paw down on the trail. Her rump had to be four feet wide. Believe me, I never held my breath for so long or have I ever been as quiet as a Ninja as I was while scampering back down that trail.

Still get chills remembering that.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, wow! :shock: Since nothing bad happened, that is so cool! I can only imagine how frightening it would be.

This was a shorter section, hey? And it's PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -