Complete-SOLO: The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

All evil rests In getting your tonsils out as an adult. Wow, it is horrific!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ugh! So very sorry
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Just popping in to say that I hope your healing is going OK!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Thanks for thinking of me, Lynette.

A bit of an explanation needed here.

The tonsils and sinus surgery were as expected. Miserable beyond misery. I mean holy mother of anything sacred. It sucks.

The real problem came Monday, two day's after. Out of nowhere, meaning absolutely no warning. No previous symptoms. Nothing. I suffered hyper vintriculitus in my Superior Mesenteric Artery.

That means with no prior symptoms, the artery supplying my internal organs with blood closed and no blood was reaching my internal organs. The oncologists later described me as an enigma. This is supposedly VERY RARE. Enigma is my new super hero name by the way.

By the time I went to the ER 24 hours later, from excruciating abdominal pain, I was literally on deaths door step. If it wasn't for the quick thinking of the er staff, I would no longer be here.

I just spent the last 8 days in intensive care while doctors used IV steroids and chemotherapy to get blood flowing back into my internal organs.

I have to complete 7 more chemotherapy sessions over the next four months to reduce the inflammation and hopefully not develop blood clots.

So, the last 10 days have been a bit of a rollercoaster.

Again, thanks for your thoughts. Still hurts to talk.

Hoping I can start to record by next week.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Holy cow, Claude!!!

A superhero nickname is certainly in order. You've gone through some horrid stuff! I sure hope things smooth out now and heal up without further complication.

And I'm really sorry you have to go through a chemo regimen. Not fun.
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Hi Lynette,

Hope you're doing well.

Just wanted to drop an update. I haven't given up on the recording. Just need time to recover from chemo side effects. Didnt know this but, I had 2nd chemo this week and side effects are mouth ulcers. Who would have thought???

So, my voice has been shot. I have another next week but, after that they are a month apart. Should be able to record when side effects wear off from next week's chemo.

Be well.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you for the note, Claude. I've been wondering how you're doing. - Not because I've been tapping my foot waiting for a recording, but because I hoped your health was not backsliding. Chemo is a monster in itself to go through. I didn't know about mouth ulcers. That sounds particularly annoying.

I'm not going anywhere, so you take all the time you need!
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Hi Lynette,

Took the week to record before my voice failed. I hope it sounds okay.

May be a few weeks before the next one. Chemo again tomorrow, YAY! :shock:

Hopefully, you have some spring weather to enjoy.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude! Very good to hear from you, and I'm really sorry you have to do chemo tomorrow. That stinks!

We do have gorgeous weather yesterday and today. Supposed to cool back off very soon, but that's April in the Rockies.

Did you have an OK Easter? Ours was super mellow and quiet - no visitors, no cooking, but we enjoyed the gorgeous weather. Well, we did have some fun animal visitors. Our back yard is not fenced, and slopes down into a common meadow-land area. We get deer coming through all the time to suck the seed out of the bird feeders. Lots of normal yard birds, from Junkos, Chickadees, and Towhees to Stellar Jays, Ring-Neck Doves, and Magpies. Sometimes Crows, and a very occasional hawk to scoop up a vole or pocket gopher.

Yesterday, for the very first time, we looked up and there was a large Tom Turkey helping himself to the corn bits in the little bin Scott puts out for the squirrels and deer! We've seen them several times while hiking on the other side of the interstate in the mountain forests, but not over here in the rural interface. Our cat was rather freaked by it when we held him up to the window to see this new visitor!

And then two hours later, a cute Mallard pair stopped in to peck up some seed under the feeders. We have seen them before. They like a large pond that's across the street. Very cute - he will stand off about six feet and guard while she eats her fill, and then she'll lay down while he eats a little before they fly off back to the pond. They come by maybe every 4-6 weeks.

I'll go grab your new file now for proofing. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 29 is PL OK :thumbs:

Your voice sounds quite good on this end.
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Your Easter sounds like a picture perfect day! Glad you got to enjoy it.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Hello! Hope all is well.

Part 2 Chapter 16 is ready.

Had a little trouble with the different voices. Hope they do not sound the same.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi! :) Nice to see you -- sorry, I took a long weekend off. I'm downloading your section now.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 16 is PL OK :thumbs:

Your voices are not smushed into the same, don't worry. Since I've listened to a lot of your recordings, I can tell your voice is not 100% strong as usual, but there is nothing bad about it at all.

I hope you are feeling OK and that the chemo is working the way it's supposed to for your situation. Do you have a whole lot more to go through?
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Glad it sounds okay.

Yes, so far chemo and all the accompanying meds seem to be helping. Thanks for asking.

Only 4 more. But they are now 4 weeks apart instead of just two. Last one not till the end of July.

Hope you're doing well. Staying busy and productive I hope.

Will try for another chapter before next weeks chemo. If I can record it this week I can edit while my voice is shot.

Take care.