Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
VTDave

Post by VTDave »

I'll take section 29, Double Stars.

VTDave
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay, let me get started at the back ;-)
VTDave wrote: September 29th, 2020, 1:32 pm I'll take section 29, Double Stars.
Thanks for claiming, but you've missed that section by a couple of days (I am a bit slow in updating the MW these days, sorry). Can I interest you in any of the other sections perhaps? :D
rreiman wrote: September 29th, 2020, 11:39 am Here is the final revision of chapter 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofastronomy_11_bryant_128kb.mp3
Thank you Richard - MW updated. But please, always, always tell us how long your recording is so we can be sure nothing went wrong during uploading. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

AKHILSSJ2 wrote: September 28th, 2020, 10:10 pm I would like to volunteer for reading section 29 (Double Stars).
Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! I see you have received some notes on your test, please make sure you get an [OK] before you start recording "for real". I have pencilled you in for section 19 for now, once you get the OK, please get back to me. I'll hold your section for a month.

While you're busy with your test, you can also think of a catalog name; if you're going to say a name in your recordings, that's a good choice (so that your fans can find you), but it can be pretty much anything, really.

Anyway, let's get this test over with, and then: Have fun!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
VTDave

Post by VTDave »

I'll do section 31 as 29 has been taken.

VTDave
rreiman

Post by rreiman »

I will remember from now on: It was 23:21. Thanks,

Richard
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks Richard, and thank you Dave - MW updated! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofastronomy_16_bryant_128kb.mp3

[7:54]

oh yeah. the meticulous niceties of science!
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Manders375

Post by Manders375 »

PL notes!
Section 11: spot PL ok
Section 15: There was a self-correction/repeat at approximately 11:22. "It can hardly be determined-it can hardly be denied..." No other issues. Nice job with that exhaustive list of cities and observatories, btw! Whew!
Amanda Mehl
"...a magnificent sulphurous conflagration of Promethean flames blazing in his little heart." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Manders375 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:03 pm Section 15: There was a self-correction/repeat at approximately 11:22. "It can hardly be determined-it can hardly be denied..." No other issues. Nice job with that exhaustive list of cities and observatories, btw! Whew!
Fixed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/historyofastronomy_15_bryant_128kb.mp3 [15:32]
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Hi there, I'd like to do section 28 if I may. I haven't recorded before and will upload my 1-minute test shortly.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I have pencilled you in for section 28 (great choice!), but please do your test before you start recording "for real". It's more of a soundcheck, really, to make sure your equipment can handle all the recording you're going to do here. :mrgreen:

Your welcome mail has more info about the 1-Minute-Test. Please post it over in "Listeners and Editors Wanted" and get back to me once you have your [OK]. I'll hold your section for a month to do that.

While you're busy with your test, you can also think of a catalog name; if you're going to say a name in your recordings, that's a good choice (so that your fans can find you), but it can be pretty much anything, really.

Anyway, test first, and then: Have fun!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Manders375

Post by Manders375 »

PL update:
Section 15: spot PL OK
Section 16: PL OK

Thank you!
Amanda Mehl
"...a magnificent sulphurous conflagration of Promethean flames blazing in his little heart." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Wonderful, thank you so much for your swift PLing! :9:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
ddezso

Post by ddezso »

My first time doing this. Can I take sections 18 and 19?

I am leading a group of people from Microsoft as part of our month of giving to read and donate their hours to Internet Archive where these are hosted.

New to the process so want to confirm I can take those two sections?
Thanks!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project! :D

I have pencilled you in for sections 18/19 but before you start recording "for real" please do your test. It's more of a soundcheck, really, to make sure your equipment can handle all the recording you're going to do here. :mrgreen:

Your welcome mail has more info about the 1-Minute-Test. Please post it over in "Listeners and Editors Wanted" and get back to me once you have your [OK]. I'll hold your section for a month to do that.

Anyway, test first, and then: Have fun!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com