COMPLETE - SOLO Benjamin Franklin by Robin McKown - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 4 is PL OK :thumbs:

An interesting one, too. So sweet about his wife, and I hadn't known he was instrumental in getting the police and fire departments started.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Chapter 5 in the MW.
This chapter is really interesting too. Especially liked the part about him electrocuting a turkey for Christmas dinner. :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK, that made me laugh :) Looking forward to listening to the chapter tomorrow morning!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yep, even knowing the story would be there, it made me laugh aloud about shocking himself instead of the turkey. . . :lol:

Section 5 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
linny

Post by linny »

LCaulkins wrote: September 11th, 2020, 4:56 pm Yep, even knowing the story would be there, it made me laugh aloud about shocking himself instead of the turkey. . . :lol:

Section 5 is PL OK :thumbs:
Now, I’m definitely going to have to listen. :lol:
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Chapter 6 is up!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Well, good luck getting the king and parliament to be happy to listen. hehe. :)

I'm curious to see what the next chapter reveals about the Penn situation. I have a good deal of admiration for William Penn, himself, but the man was not actually in Pennsylvania very much at all, and didn't hire the best managers for all the years that he was gone. Seems the same level of "discretion" from his choice of men mirrored the king's choice of men sent to manage the Colonies and the British Regulars there. And Penn's offspring were quite a letdown. So there's a lot of room for shenanigans.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

You'll especially enjoy chapter 7, then (recorded, but not yet edited - am about to get to it). It focusses on the Penns.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

And here it is (chapter 7, that is). :D
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: September 15th, 2020, 4:52 pm And here it is (chapter 7, that is). :D
Oh! I forgot to mark Section 6 in the MW. That's fixed now. :)

The Chapter 7 file has editing needed from 10:52 on. Not sure if you got interrupted and didn't realize you hadn't finished, or if this was an earlier "save" which is uploaded.

I was actually quite heartened to find out your raw files are just like mine - I always feel like my PL people record so much more smoothly than I do, and that I'm just clumsy about it! :lol:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Wow! I must have saved the wrong one. No worries, I can fix it! :) Geez, I hope I did not swear at my cat on the recording.....
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Okay, I THINK this is the correct version. At least it seems to be when I double check it . What happened was that I noticed a typo in the url when I was entering it into the MW. Apparently the version I pulled up on Audacity to rename was...well, you heard it. Didn't help that I was getting texts from four different people while I was doing this. :oops:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ha!! I was so tempted, after your comment about cussing at the cat, to pull the old file back up and listen to the last portion to see if I missed such fun. :lol:
(I stopped it around minute 12, when it was clear it wasn't the finished file)

I am very busy today, though, packing and doing last-minute tasks before going off to our daughter's wedding!! :9:

They got hit by the hurricane, so the reception they had intended to do is flooded out (which I was going to miss out on, anyway, because it was hosting far too many people for my health comfort), but the beach ceremony is still going, since it's just the two of them, the parents, and 1 best friend on each side. Devon says that if the beach is all ugly from things, they'll just make sure all the pictures have the ocean as background. 8-)

And yes, the Ch. 7 that's currently in the MW is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! :D
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Welcome back! Hope you had a wonderful time celebrating your daughter's wedding! I'm afraid the events of chapter 8 are somewhat bleak.
Chapter 8 is up.