COMPLETE-grp/Mystery The Amethyst Cross by Fergus Hume-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Chap 12 ... more of the shady Mr Hale and a bit of a cat fight in this one!

Length is 21:59

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amethystcross_12_hume_128kb.mp3
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

The claws are definitely out.

One itty-bitty thing in Chapter 12

7:27 on her native hearth. s/b on her native heath.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Oops! Ok, will fix trow. You are 100% right and the word is heath and I missed that by accident.
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

JenniferFour wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:25 am Corrected Chap 12 uploaded. Length is 21:59

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amethystcross_12_hume_128kb.mp3
And PL OK.

My website
My Librivox reader page
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. Thank you both.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I always feel bad doing what I am going to do now but look, I read the pl notes for 19 and 20, looked at the dates in which they were written and saw when the readers last came to this thread. I would like to pass them as pl- ok and catalogue the book as is. I thank our amazing dpl for all the hard work and I am sorry to do this. But life is not perfect. They would probably not return to fix it and I should not like to hold down the project.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Let me first edit them as best I can. One had an extensive repeat that can easily be fixed.

My website
My Librivox reader page
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Okay, I removed the repeat from 19 and marked it OK. 20 isn't fixable without re-recording, so will remain as-is.

My website
My Librivox reader page
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I sent a message to Weezer with the pl notes for Section 20.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok, I understand the need to improve. But I also understand that people worked hard to get this done and they need to see their work egknowledged by a complete and catalogued project. So what I think is this: let's wait until the end of 2020. If Weezer doesn't fix the recording I would like it to be catalogued as is. I think it should be in our catalogue by 2021. I totally understand both points so I think this is an honest middle ground.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Of course, as BC it is up to you. I just thought I would check in with him or her and see if they knew. It seems a lot of people aren't checking back to see the proof listening notes after they submit a file lately. They really need to. It is a part of the process. And like you said, it is holding this project up.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-amethyst-cross-by-fergus-hume/

Congratulations! :clap:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks.