COMPLETE: Ozma of Oz - CL/ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

All recordings can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/ozma-of-oz-by-l-frank-baum/

To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the publication of Ozma of Oz, I am recording this book. I hope to be able to distribute copies at an upcoming Oz convention (don't ask!) which will also be good publicity for librivox. :wink: The convention is in early July so I am hoping to have this completed by June 1. I have recorded the entire book already and just need to edit the chapters which I will work on during the month of May. Rainer has graciously agreed to be my MC. The requisite standardized information is listed below.

Full title: Ozma of Oz

Full name of author(s): L. Frank Baum

Link to PD text source:
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext96/ozmoz10h.htm

Link to title on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozma_of_Oz

Target completion date: June 2007

Short description - Ozma of Oz was the third title in the Oz series by L. Frank Baum. In this book Dorothy is shipwrecked and lands on the shores of a fairy country that adjoins Oz, the land of Ev. There she meets Tiktok, a wind up mechanical man, a talking chicken, Billina, and Ozma, the girl ruler of Oz who is leading a quest to rescue the royal family of Ev from their captivity by the Nome King. Dorothy is also reunited with her old friends, the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman, and the Cowardly Lion. Together the adventurers travel to the Nome King's underground kingdom and have many exciting adventures before returning to Oz, and for Dorothy, eventual return to her family in the "civilized" world. (description by Judy Bieber)

Example of your ID3 tags: Title = 01_Ozma_of_Oz
Artist = L. Frank Baum
Album = Ozma of Oz

(BC admin link)
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
raynr

Post by raynr »

And you see I already added this project in the database and created the magic box. I'm now eagerly awaiting your files :D

Greetings, and have fun with your recording,

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

There are LOTS of chapters on your server. Fifteen of 21 are edited and complete.

The reason that I worked backwards is that I didn't like the sound quality of some of the early chapters that I recorded. When I discovered this I was in Brazil and could edit but had no way of recording (I was in VERY noisy urban areas). I am home now and have re-recorded chapters 1-6 and hope to have them edited and sent to you very soon.

I missed my June 1 self imposed deadline, also thanks to travel in Brazil. I was sick for about a week but I am better now. I'm hoping to be done with the remaining chapters by the weekend.

Then after that, it's Turner's Frontier Essay! Really.

cheers, Judy
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
raynr

Post by raynr »

Oh, I didn't notice the files. The files are now available to listen to via the links in the magic box. Thanks for the recordings!
I hope you enjoyed your stay in Brazil and I hope you're feeling better now. Have you already been to the Oz convention? :D

Rainer
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

The Oz convention is in about a month. I promise to give you a full report! :wink:
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Rainer,

I am now uploading the final chapter and the recording and editing are now complete. If any changes are required let me know. I left a few tiny errors that did not change the meaning of the passage - for example "said the child" instead of "said the girl" because I thought that splicing in a correction would interrupt the flow more than just leaving it. There are just a couple of instances like this which I think are well within Librivox standards. If you find anything more serious, do let me know. I have saved the original audio files and can work from those for any corrections.

best, Judy
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Judy,

as I told you, I will listen to the chapters. I don't prooflisten with the original text in my hand, therefore, as long as it makes sense, I won't even notice if you say "child" instead of "girl". :D

Greetings,

Rainer
raynr

Post by raynr »

I think that's a record: I found no single stumble, repeat or anything in the recordings and therefore I already uploaded it to the catalogue. Congratulations!!! :D
As always, you can take a look at the catalogue page if everything is alright.

Greetings and many thanks for your recording,

Rainer

All recordings can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/ozma-of-oz-by-l-frank-baum/
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Thanks Rainer. And to celebrate, I recorded the first chapter of Rinkitink in Oz today.

cheers,

Judy