COMPLETE: Selections from Fear and Trembling by Soren Kierkegaard -Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

soupy wrote: September 24th, 2020, 12:57 pm Hi Leni :thumbs:

Can you move this project to readers found?

Craig
Moved! :thumbs:
Leni
=================
eduardol

Post by eduardol »

soupy

Post by soupy »

That was fast eduardol :thumbs:

Well read :D

A few errors noted:

:47 If it were thus, and if there were no sacred bonds between man and man; if one generation arose after another, as in the forest the leaves of one season succeed the leaves of another, forgot to read if one generation arose after another

13:58 he would have cried out to God: "Despise not this sacrifice; it is not, indeed, the best I have -- you said despite

19:51 but he will never forget that you required a hundred years to obtain a son of your old age, against all expections; - you said exceptions – it looks like its expections – that’s how it was translated

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
eduardol

Post by eduardol »

soupy wrote: September 29th, 2020, 5:25 am That was fast eduardol :thumbs:

Well read :D

A few errors noted:

:47 If it were thus, and if there were no sacred bonds between man and man; if one generation arose after another, as in the forest the leaves of one season succeed the leaves of another, forgot to read if one generation arose after another

13:58 he would have cried out to God: "Despise not this sacrifice; it is not, indeed, the best I have -- you said despite

19:51 but he will never forget that you required a hundred years to obtain a son of your old age, against all expections; - you said exceptions – it looks like its expections – that’s how it was translated

Craig
This should have all the errors corrected!
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/fearandtrembling_2_kierkegaard_128kb.mp3
20:23
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks eduardol :thumbs:

PLOK now :thumbs:

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks Larry.

I'll Listen Later.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

soupy wrote: October 6th, 2020, 10:06 am Thanks Larry.

I'll Listen Later.

Craig
I see it marked See PL Notes.
Are there?
~ Larry
soupy

Post by soupy »

Yes there were quite a few. I messed up. Will listen again later and let you know.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
soupy

Post by soupy »

Here you go

5:32 That is, suppose this man goes home and wishes to do as did Abraham; for his son is his most precious possession. Some repetition then next sentence has some repetition

16:58 And all the while he had faith, believing that God would not demand Isaac of him, though ready all the while to sacrifice him, should it be demanded of him. You said in all the while

19:09 Is it not preferable to remain satisfied with faith you said it is

22:48 The first moment I lay my eyes on him I push him back, leaping back myself, I hear movement

32:34 His love for the princess has become for him the expression of an eternal love, has assumed a religious character, has been transfigured into a love for the eternal being which, to be sure, some repetition

34:30 and only then can there arise the problem of again grasping hold of this world by virtue of faith. forgot to say of then next sentence We will now suppose the knight of faith in the same case. some repetition – twice

36:02 for the intellect all the while continues to be right, as it is aware that in the world of finalities, you said of all the while

37:13 it is a matter between him and the Eternal Being, who is the object of his faith, you said subject

41:41 But to get out a cheap edition of Abraham and yet forbid every one to do as he did, that I call ridiculous. You said get out of a cheap edition -- yet forbid everyone to do so as he did

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Craig, please feel free to drop me a message when this is ready for the catalog! :)
Leni
=================
soupy

Post by soupy »

We should be there soon Leni :D
Thanks to everyone.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, my!
I'm embarrassed, not by my mistakes, but buy my sloppy editing! I was overtired when I did this, and should have waited.
Anyway, I think I've made all of the corrections and clipped all of the repeats. So, here is the new file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/fearandtrembling_03_kierkegaard_128kb.mp3 41:43

And here are the requested corrections with NEW time stamps which I hope will make it easier for you to spot check:

5:32 That is, suppose this man goes home and wishes to do as did Abraham; for his son is his most precious possession. Some repetition then next sentence has some repetition

16:52 And all the while he had faith, believing that God would not demand Isaac of him, though ready all the while to sacrifice him, should it be demanded of him. You said in all the while

19:03 Is it not preferable to remain satisfied with faith you said it is

22:42 The first moment I lay my eyes on him I push him back, leaping back myself, I hear movement

32:28 His love for the princess has become for him the expression of an eternal love, has assumed a religious character, has been transfigured into a love for the eternal being which, to be sure, some repetition

34:24 and only then can there arise the problem of again grasping hold of this world by virtue of faith. forgot to say of then next sentence We will now suppose the knight of faith in the same case. some repetition – twice

35:41 for the intellect all the while continues to be right, as it is aware that in the world of finalities, you said of all the while

36:50 it is a matter between him and the Eternal Being, who is the object of his faith, you said subject

41:18 But to get out a cheap edition of Abraham and yet forbid every one to do as he did, that I call ridiculous. You said get out of a cheap edition -- yet forbid everyone to do so as he did
~ Larry
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks Larry :thumbs:

You did a good job with the corrections except for the last sentence of Kierkegaard's book.

41:18 But to get out a cheap edition of Abraham and yet forbid every one to do as he did, that I call ridiculous.

That's how it should be :D

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

soupy wrote: October 13th, 2020, 3:59 am Thanks Larry :thumbs:

You did a good job with the corrections except for the last sentence of Kierkegaard's book.

41:18 But to get out a cheap edition of Abraham and yet forbid every one to do as he did, that I call ridiculous.

That's how it should be :D

Craig
Oh, I thought that was the first correction I made. Well, here it is again with editing shears applied.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/fearandtrembling_03_kierkegaard_128kb.mp3

This really was fun. Just so many life interruptions.
I hope the final results are worthy of the writer.
Thanks for putting this together, Craig.
~ Larry