COMPLETE [SOLO] Thus Spake Zarathustra by Nietzsche-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

PL Notes for Section 17 (file _16_):

There is a missing stretch at 3:00 -

In this passage, the colored font seems to have been blanked out: "Verily, men have given unto themselves all their good and bad. Verily, they took it not, they found it not, it came not unto them as a voice from heaven."

PL Notes for Section 18 (file _17_):

This section comes up a little too high in volume, at 92.3 db. If you use -1 on the whole track with the Amplify effect, that should take care of it.

And while you're there, you could fix the opening/ending silences. The opening is less than .5, and the ending is a tad long, at 6.5 seconds. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 19 and Section 20 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

(Ah, and "nice" try, Ludovici, at defending the misogyny.) :lol:
Last edited by LCaulkins on September 10th, 2020, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 21 and 22 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 23 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 25 and 26 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

PL Note for Section 24 (file _23_ )

This is a purely optional note for you, since your recordings are sparkling clean throughout. In the stretch from 8:50 - 9:10, there is a blowing sound, and again in the end notes at 14:01 - 14:08.

It is by no means disruptive. This is simply a courtesy note in case you want everything perfectly clean. If you don't want to edit the file, just mark it PL OK :)
~Lynette * -
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Thanks so much, Lynette! I have addressed the PL notes for recordings 16 and 17 ...yeah, sorry, the numbering is off because there's an introduction that is section 00, but I haven't figured out how to make the 00 section in the MW :?

Now all of Part 3 is ready for you :clap:

Also, yeah, I always feel weird reading stuff that gets closed minded (like the misogynistic lines and, later you'll see, some lines about race and culture)... It's especially weird when one of Nietzsche's main points is "Hey, everybody - stop being so judgey!" and then he goes and judges women. :hmm:

Thanks again and hope all is well :)
John
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

jvanstan wrote: September 11th, 2020, 1:06 pm Thanks so much, Lynette! I have addressed the PL notes for recordings 16 and 17 ...yeah, sorry, the numbering is off because there's an introduction that is section 00, but I haven't figured out how to make the 00 section in the MW :?
You let me know so I can flip a switch behind the scenes ...

MaryAnn
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Nice editing - super smooth :) Sections 17 and 18 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oooo! The file names match the sections now. :) Thanks, Maryanne. I had a hard time with my first few BC projects, figuring out how to make the section 0 be there (or not be there) as needed. Tripped me out just now when I went to double check that I was recording the correct sections for the files I just proofed. :lol:

Sections 26 and 27 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sections 28 and 29 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 30 and 31 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sections 32 and 33 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

(careful with your opening silences - less than .5 seconds can result in the opening getting cut off when a person opens the chapter in the audiobook)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 34 and 35 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sections 36 and 37 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 38 and 39 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sections 40 and 41 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 42 and 43 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

During the stretch in 42, my first thought-reaction was, "Butterflies?! Terrifying??" but then, I do think that if a child-sized butterfly were right in front of me, I'd be pretty freaked out. :lol:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 44 and 45 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hmm - so, if that was the section some people say shows that our comic-book Super Man derives from Nietzche, then it's funny that he's one of the few superheroes who do not wear a mask. 8-)

Sections 46 and 47 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

48 and 49 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

50 and 51 are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -