COMPLETE: The Rural Magazine and Literary Evening Fire-Side Vol 1 No 2 by Various -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Here is section 6, "History":

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_06_various_128kb.mp3

Duration 5:55

...LJB
(p.s.: "C" is such a killjoy.)
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
robynstraz

Post by robynstraz »

silverquill wrote: August 8th, 2020, 7:12 pm
robynstraz wrote: August 8th, 2020, 12:44 pm Hi Larry

I would like to be the DPL on this project. It seems very interesting.

Thanks

Robyn
Well, I would certainly welcome a DPL for this project.
I see this if your very first post on the LibriVox forum, and I want to see you get off to a good start Proof listening isn't difficult, but there some things to learn in order to do it right.

First, I would like you to read our good for proof listening on this link: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680

Then, let me know if you have any questions, and I'll send you some more information on my personal expectation of proof listeners and some more resources.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! :)
Thank you! I have read through the FAQ, completed the practice on the wiki, and looked at some examples of PL notes. Is there anything else you would like me to do?

Robyn
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

robynstraz wrote: August 11th, 2020, 7:06 pm
Thank you! I have read through the FAQ, completed the practice on the wiki, and looked at some examples of PL notes. Is there anything else you would like me to do?

Robyn
That's great!
I'll send you a private message (PM) with a few additional things, but I think you're ready to give this a try. I'll have our MC add you as DPL which will give you access to the MW. In the meantime, if you want to go ahead and start proof listening some of these, that is great.

Thanks so much.
~ Larry
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Robyn,

Welcome to the project. I have added you to the database and as DPL for this project. In order to edit the Magic Window, you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you can enter the information into the section compiler which then appears in the "Magic Window" in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

If you have any questions, either Larry or I can help get you started as needed.
Jo
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks, Jo!

Since we have a DPL coming on board, I'm putting my section up for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_10_various_128kb.mp3 10:00
~ Larry
Steve

Post by Steve »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Steve wrote: August 12th, 2020, 2:03 am Section 8 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_08_various_128kb.mp3

Duration: 13:35

Steve
Thanks! This is in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

I am thrilled that we found a PL for this project, so I finished my final piece. BUT, you may not want to start her out on this particular section (not that it's not interesting, especially when reading the figures for Spain's hearty herd) till she gets some more...uh, let's say dynamic reading under her belt. And by the way, was there once a country or locale called 'Prize"? Huh? (Not an abbreviation either) Oh well, that's how I read it, but it went right past me as to what it meant.

Run time 13:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_15_various_128kb.mp3

Thank you,
Brize
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BrizeCrize wrote: August 12th, 2020, 3:50 pm I am thrilled that we found a PL for this project, so I finished my final piece. BUT, you may not want to start her out on this particular section (not that it's not interesting, especially when reading the figures for Spain's hearty herd) till she gets some more...uh, let's say dynamic reading under her belt. And by the way, was there once a country or locale called 'Prize"? Huh? (Not an abbreviation either) Oh well, that's how I read it, but it went right past me as to what it meant.

Run time 13:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_15_various_128kb.mp3

Thank you,
Brize
Thanks for undertaking this!

Prize, I think, refers to goods from captured ships which were referred to as prizes.
Just being DPL for a book about a ship captain during this era leading up to and during the War of 1812 when privateers abounded.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

GregGiordano wrote: August 12th, 2020, 5:34 pm Here is Section 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ruralmagazinevol1no2_02_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 6:13

Take care,

Greg
Thank, Greg!
I think our new DPL will get started soon.
~ Larry
robynstraz

Post by robynstraz »

Hi, sorry I have not been able to PM you since I am new and the system will not allow me to until I make more posts. I will begin straight away, thank you for the advice. I am excited to begin!

Robyn
robynstraz

Post by robynstraz »

Hi I have a quick question. I have completed the PL for the first section. How do I change the status of the section?

Robyn
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Robyn,

Did you follow the instructions in the first link in my post from last week (see quoted text below) to set up a password for the workflow and confirm that you can log in. Assuming that is the case, then you can access the section compiler by clicking the BC Admin link under the Magic Window in the first post of this thread. Login with your forum username and the password you set up for the workflow (not your forum password). Instructions for changing the status of the section in the MW are here.

You should also post any PL notes in the thread.

knotyouraveragejo wrote: August 11th, 2020, 8:40 pm Hi Robyn,

Welcome to the project. I have added you to the database and as DPL for this project. In order to edit the Magic Window, you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you can enter the information into the section compiler which then appears in the "Magic Window" in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

If you have any questions, either Larry or I can help get you started as needed.
Jo