(Complete) Short Story Collection 93 -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cherylstewart
Posts: 2397
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » August 23rd, 2020, 2:49 pm

Section 11 "The Match" PL OK
Section 12 "The Dilema" PL OK
:)

Grothmann
Posts: 916
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » August 24th, 2020, 10:57 pm

Good evening:

The Vendor of Tears
By William M. Conselman
From The Smart Set magazine May 1920
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:24

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_vendoroftears_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://modjourn.org/issue/bdr567422/

I am not sure this would be published given today's standards.

Thanks
Dale

gchanturia
Posts: 14
Joined: August 24th, 2020, 5:53 am

Post by gchanturia » August 25th, 2020, 5:46 am

Would love to read something, please assign it to me. I'm new to the LV.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21638
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 25th, 2020, 8:39 am

Grothmann wrote:
August 24th, 2020, 10:57 pm
Good evening:

The Vendor of Tears
By William M. Conselman
From The Smart Set magazine May 1920
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:24

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_vendoroftears_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://modjourn.org/issue/bdr567422/

I am not sure this would be published given today's standards.

Thanks
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21638
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 25th, 2020, 8:43 am

gchanturia wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 5:46 am
Would love to read something, please assign it to me. I'm new to the LV.
Thank you for your interest. In these collections, readers find their own material and a section will be assigned once you submit a file. Don’t worry if this collection fills up before you are ready... the next one will follow on shortly.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 2397
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » August 25th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Section 23 "The Vendor of Tears" PL OK
Cheryl

Grothmann
Posts: 916
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » August 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm

Good Afternoon:

The Troubadour
By Peter Michael Sherman
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 10:13

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_troubadour_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23091

Maybe a little Sci-Fi, but not too much.

Thanks,
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21638
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 25th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Grothmann wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm
Good Afternoon:

The Troubadour
By Peter Michael Sherman
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 10:13

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_troubadour_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23091

Maybe a little Sci-Fi, but not too much.

Thanks,
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining

Grothmann
Posts: 916
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » August 26th, 2020, 11:40 am

Good Morning:

(A 1920's Feminist question to Disney --)


The Legend Of Margaret
By Helen Woljeska
From The Smart Set magazine May 1920
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:25

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_legendofmargaret_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://modjourn.org/issue/bdr567422/

Thanks. And Enjoy.
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21638
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 26th, 2020, 2:02 pm

Grothmann wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 11:40 am
Good Morning:

(A 1920's Feminist question to Disney --)


The Legend Of Margaret
By Helen Woljeska
From The Smart Set magazine May 1920
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:25

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_legendofmargaret_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://modjourn.org/issue/bdr567422/

Thanks. And Enjoy.
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining

pschempf
Posts: 1806
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » August 26th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Hi Lynne -

Here's a contribution for this collection. -

The link from the uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_fathershand_ps_128kb.mp3
Name of your story: The Father's Hand
Author (birth year - death year): George Humphrey (1889_1966)
Source from which you read: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/39635/39635-h/39635-h.html#the-fathers-hand
Length in mm:ss: 12:11

I believe Humphrey is new to the catalog. There's a brief biographical note in the source text -

"HUMPHREY, GEORGE. Born at Boughton, Eng., July 17, 1889. Educated at Faversham School, England; Oxford and Leipsig Universities. Professor of ancient history at Saint Francis Xavier’s University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Now at Harvard University."

Also an entry for him in Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Humphrey_(psychologist)

He apparently wrote this story as a young man before continuing his studies at Harvard in 1920 and going on to be a noted psychologist .
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21638
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 27th, 2020, 7:15 am

pschempf wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Hi Lynne -

Here's a contribution for this collection. -

The link from the uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_fathershand_ps_128kb.mp3
Name of your story: The Father's Hand
Author (birth year - death year): George Humphrey (1889_1966)
Source from which you read: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/39635/39635-h/39635-h.html#the-fathers-hand
Length in mm:ss: 12:11

I believe Humphrey is new to the catalog. There's a brief biographical note in the source text -

"HUMPHREY, GEORGE. Born at Boughton, Eng., July 17, 1889. Educated at Faversham School, England; Oxford and Leipsig Universities. Professor of ancient history at Saint Francis Xavier’s University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Now at Harvard University."

Also an entry for him in Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Humphrey_(psychologist)

He apparently wrote this story as a young man before continuing his studies at Harvard in 1920 and going on to be a noted psychologist .
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 2397
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » August 28th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Section 14 "The Troubadour" PL OK
Section 15 "The Legend" PL OK
Cheryl

cherylstewart
Posts: 2397
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » August 28th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Section 16 "The Father's Hand" PL OK
Cheryl

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 278
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » August 30th, 2020, 5:14 pm

Perhaps another Lord Dunsany story for this iteration?

The Unhappy Body
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8129
Duration: 9:02
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss093_unhappybody_ag_128kb.mp3

At 30, I kind of wish I didn't relate quite so much to both the soul and the body in this story...but then, Lord D was only 32 when Dreamer's Tales was published, so perhaps that should be some solace.
Studies in Stagecraft, by Clayton Hamilton - More essays on / criticism of early 20th Century theatre. Plenty of sections up for grabs!

Post Reply