Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for the late reply, but now I am determined to work off my backlog PL jobs...

starting with the oldest...thank you for the rest of Lysiteles, which is perfectly enacted. :thumbs: This guy is a big talker !

I am curious to hear the whole story in order now, because the glimpses I got here don't give me the whole picture :lol: Both Acts PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah the "good friend" ! Wonderfully acted out, David, thank you so much. You sound very sincere and sensitive in your portrayal. Looking forward to the rest :)

I'll mark this one PL ok, even though I have a note regarding the voice credit. But since this is the only thing missing, you can add it in the next act. I'll make a note for Todd in the MW.

> for the voice credit, please always include the full description (which you can read in the MW), here: "Megaronides, a friend of Callicles, read by...." please add it in the next act :)

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: September 1st, 2020, 6:36 pmHere is the reading for Philto:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trinummus_philto_2_128kb.mp3
and another great acting and PL ok section. Thank you, Algy, wonderfully done (huge monologues in this play :shock: ) I love this character. Seems like a good father. Hopefully the son lives up to the trust. Strange that he only appears in one act.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Charmides awaits PL in the MW. Warning - he is quite long winded in Act 4....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 8:32 amCharmides awaits PL in the MW. Warning - he is quite long winded in Act 4....
:shock: indeed, what a big talker ! And it seems you spend nearly half of your stage time talking to yourself and commenting the situation :lol: Excellently done though. The scene with the sharper will be hilarious. :thumbs:

Loved the character ! And all PL ok. Brilliant job, considering how long the acts were.

Thank you

Sonia
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Kitty wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:52 am ah the "good friend" ! Wonderfully acted out, David, thank you so much. You sound very sincere and sensitive in your portrayal. Looking forward to the rest :)

I'll mark this one PL ok, even though I have a note regarding the voice credit. But since this is the only thing missing, you can add it in the next act. I'll make a note for Todd in the MW.

> for the voice credit, please always include the full description (which you can read in the MW), here: "Megaronides, a friend of Callicles, read by...." please add it in the next act :)

thank you

Sonia
Your compliments bring me joy, Sonia! Thank you for reminding me about the voice credit, and for allowing me to include it in the Act 3 file. Speaking of which, here it is!:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trinummus_megaronides_3_128kb.mp3 6:23
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Salvationist wrote: September 8th, 2020, 3:26 pmThank you for reminding me about the voice credit, and for allowing me to include it in the Act 3 file. Speaking of which, here it is!:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trinummus_megaronides_3_128kb.mp3 6:23
thank you, now the voice credit is complete and act 3 is also perfectly PL ok. Aha so Megaronides is the one that comes up with this ingenious plot. He does sound a bit shifty now throughout the discussion, but I know he means well :lol: A very likable character.

Great job, David, thank you so much !

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Sharper act 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trinummus_sharper_4.mp3

I thought the would be a small cameo role but this guy just goes on and on and on :help:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: September 9th, 2020, 3:38 amSharper act 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/trinummus_sharper_4.mp3
I thought the would be a small cameo role but this guy just goes on and on and on :help:
haha yes, Todd is also rambling on and on in this act, it seems to be a pattern. This dialogue between you two will be hilarious though :lol: and you did an excellent job to sound at times suspicious and cunning but at other times baffled and at a loss for words. I think this "sharper" was not supposed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer :mrgreen: well acted out.

And PL ok. A great role ! And now you can rest your vocal chords a bit.

Thank you :)

Todd: Acts 1 and 4 are ready to edit (Act 1 only needs one missing voice credit from the last unassigned role).

Sonia