COMPLETE: Parochial and Plain Sermons, Volume 1, by John Henry Newman - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Sermons 25 and 26 are ready for PL! And that finishes volume one :9:

Sermon 26 seems especially appropriate for the upcoming feast of Pentecost.

We, too, welcomed an new granddaughter recently, She was born on April 26th. That makes 24 grandkids for us.

I am thinking now of volunteering on some collaborative works for a month or so, and then beginning a solo of a book of Newman's sermons (or discourses) from his Catholic period (I converted to Catholicism 10 years ago from Anglicanism, so I want to see what Newman is like after his conversion). Perhaps one of these: Discourses Addressed to Mixed Congregations or Sermons Preached on Various Occasions. I am also thinking of promoting the other volumes of Parochial and Plain Sermons as collaborative efforts.

Thanks so much for your PL work. I have enjoyed our small interactions, and like you, I have found food for my soul in these readings.

Russ
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, this is terrific! And, yes, very timely.
Both PL OK, of course.

Well, I will be around for whatever you decided to next. They all sound interesting, either as solos or collaborative projects. I'm sure you've noticed the Maria, mb81, has been MC/BC for a lot of Catholic projects. I've read for quite a few of them, esp. anything from G.K. Chesterton.

Our little girl was born April 20, missing her brothers birthday by two days. (Her sister missed my birthday by about an hour). My wife and I met later in life, so have just the two daughters. Our oldest daughter recently adopted a sibling set of three, two girls and a boy. So, in all we have just 6.

Anyway, keep in touch and maybe we can work together again.
It has been a real pleasure to listen to your excellent reading!

Congratulations and a wonderful solo recording. :clap:
~ Larry
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Will start cataloging this soon. Congrats!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/parochial-and-plain-sermons-v1-jh-newman/

Let me know if anything is amiss. Congrats! Nice addition to the catalog.
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

craigdav1 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 5:28 am Will start cataloging this soon. Congrats!

Thanks so much for your part in this project. I'm looking forward to letting my family and friends know the book is complete.

Russ