Complete [ANIMALS] Anecdotes of Big Cats and Other Beasts by David Alec Wilson-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
imfrom51
Posts: 16
Joined: August 8th, 2016, 1:10 am

Post by imfrom51 » July 29th, 2020, 12:16 pm

RitaBoutros wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 10:23 am
imfrom51 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 10:47 am
Section 28 - Time 6:55

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_28_wilson_128kb.mp3

:D :D
PL Notes for section 28:

At start, would you please reduce the silence to only a half second or so? We are not to exceed 1 second.
1:18 confidently should be confidentially
3:31 beastsss

Thanks!
Done :-)

Time 6:54


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_28_wilson_128kb.mp3

Guomin
Posts: 51
Joined: June 20th, 2020, 11:30 am

Post by Guomin » July 29th, 2020, 3:50 pm

Hi, I re-recorded and re-uploaded section 40
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anectodesofbigcats_40_wilson_128kb.mp3
Duration:03:31

Just one thing, I went back and listened to section 39 and didn't hear much noise, as it was inconvenient to record today I chose not to do it. Would you mind listen to section 39 a bit and tell me if I need to re-record that as well?

Thank you,
Guomin

silverquill
Posts: 14820
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 29th, 2020, 10:03 pm

Guomin wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 3:50 pm
Hi, I re-recorded and re-uploaded section 40
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anectodesofbigcats_40_wilson_128kb.mp3
Duration:03:31

Just one thing, I went back and listened to section 39 and didn't hear much noise, as it was inconvenient to record today I chose not to do it. Would you mind listen to section 39 a bit and tell me if I need to re-record that as well?

Thank you,
Guomin
Well, thank you for the extra effort.
I thought I'd listen to these as well, just lend another ear.
I am surprised that you don't here the noise/distortion in these recordings because it is quite pronounced. I do use a good set of ear phones (which is a big help when recording and listening). You can listen to just that five second silence at the end and hear it clearly. You really don't need to record these again. I would suggest, however, that you do some noise reduction on the files. Use that last five seconds at the end for your noise sample then apply it to the entire file set at about 12, no higher than 15, and a lot of this will be reduced, but not eliminated.

Although not the best audio quality, it is within the acceptable threshold for our purposes.
~ Larry

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1344
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » July 30th, 2020, 4:33 am

Section 28 is PL OK

RitaBoutros
Posts: 1344
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » July 30th, 2020, 5:41 am

Guomin wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 3:50 pm
Hi, I re-recorded and re-uploaded section 40
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anectodesofbigcats_40_wilson_128kb.mp3
Duration:03:31

Just one thing, I went back and listened to section 39 and didn't hear much noise, as it was inconvenient to record today I chose not to do it. Would you mind listen to section 39 a bit and tell me if I need to re-record that as well?

Thank you,
Guomin
PL notes on section 40:
:20 there is a 3 second space - please reduce
At end, you have a 7 second space - please reduce to 5 seconds

We still are dealing with some sound distortion which could possibly be reduced a bit further as indicated. I do believe, however, that your decision to re-record this section was definitely worth it as the sound is much better.

I would go so far as to say that since these sections are so short, it would be worth it to redo 39 as well. Your call.

Vivianlyu
Posts: 25
Joined: May 21st, 2020, 1:13 pm

Post by Vivianlyu » July 30th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Can I claim chapter 20 The Kitten’s Catch?

silverquill
Posts: 14820
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 30th, 2020, 9:59 pm

Vivianlyu wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 12:54 pm
Can I claim chapter 20 The Kitten’s Catch?
I've assigned this to you.
Thank you!
~ Larry

linkwilfley
Posts: 26
Joined: July 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm

Post by linkwilfley » July 31st, 2020, 9:41 am

Mate, I don't know how else to get this volume up. I've installed Checker and it says I'm outside the limit, so I downloaded ReplyGain, which didn't really do anything. It turn it up, I turn it down, I normalize it, I don't normalize it...everything, every change, doesn't matter...out of range the Checker says.
Here is my latest effort on section 25. Could you see if the volume some how matches or is better on your side...(the Checker doesn't tell me what to do, whether I'm too high or too low, so I don't know where I stand)...?
I do not know what else to do other than re-record, but I don't know if that would change it...

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_25_wilson_128kb.mp3

linkwilfley
Posts: 26
Joined: July 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm

Post by linkwilfley » July 31st, 2020, 9:52 am

linkwilfley wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 9:41 am
Mate, I don't know how else to get this volume up. I've installed Checker and it says I'm outside the limit, so I downloaded ReplyGain, which didn't really do anything. It turn it up, I turn it down, I normalize it, I don't normalize it...everything, every change, doesn't matter...out of range the Checker says.
Here is my latest effort on section 25. Could you see if the volume some how matches or is better on your side...(the Checker doesn't tell me what to do, whether I'm too high or too low, so I don't know where I stand)...?
I do not know what else to do other than re-record, but I don't know if that would change it...

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_25_wilson_128kb.mp3
Here's another try...https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_25_wilson_128kb.mp3

njgorgen
Posts: 506
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Post by njgorgen » July 31st, 2020, 10:18 am


linkwilfley
Posts: 26
Joined: July 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm

Post by linkwilfley » July 31st, 2020, 10:20 am


njgorgen
Posts: 506
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Post by njgorgen » July 31st, 2020, 10:21 am

Can I claim 16, 17, 26 & 27? Nancy

linkwilfley
Posts: 26
Joined: July 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm

Post by linkwilfley » July 31st, 2020, 10:24 am

RitaBoutros wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 6:01 am
linkwilfley wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 11:13 am
Section 24, (duration 5:08)

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_24_wilson_128kb.mp3
PL Notes on Section 24:

Volume is too low at 84.6.
That's it! Love the accent
Here's a go at Section 24 with higher volume. Thank you

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_24_wilson_128kb.mp3

linkwilfley
Posts: 26
Joined: July 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm

Post by linkwilfley » July 31st, 2020, 10:25 am

linkwilfley wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 9:52 am
linkwilfley wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 9:41 am
Mate, I don't know how else to get this volume up. I've installed Checker and it says I'm outside the limit, so I downloaded ReplyGain, which didn't really do anything. It turn it up, I turn it down, I normalize it, I don't normalize it...everything, every change, doesn't matter...out of range the Checker says.
Here is my latest effort on section 25. Could you see if the volume some how matches or is better on your side...(the Checker doesn't tell me what to do, whether I'm too high or too low, so I don't know where I stand)...?
I do not know what else to do other than re-record, but I don't know if that would change it...

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_25_wilson_128kb.mp3
Here's another try...https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_25_wilson_128kb.mp3
Terribly sorry for the multiple posts. The last Section 25 upload should be the one. Thank you

linkwilfley
Posts: 26
Joined: July 21st, 2020, 2:42 pm

Post by linkwilfley » July 31st, 2020, 10:32 am

RitaBoutros wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 6:25 am
linkwilfley wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Section 21

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_21_wilson_128kb.mp3 (duration 6:44)

Thank you

Hello and welcome to Librivox.

I listened to your recording and wanted to give you a couple of general notes to keep in mind:

Volume needs to be somewhere between 86-92, although a mid range, about 90, would be ideal. You can check your volume using the Volume Checker (see instructions to recording). Your volume for this section was 82.7 and so needs to be corrected.

Adjustments to volume can be made 2 ways: Using the Audacity program, you can highlight the passage (or entire text) you want to amplify, click on Effects (at the top) and choose Amplify. Experiment with that a bit and you'll find the right volume. You could try it with a sample text first. The second option to adjusting volume is also within Audacity, but on the left side. You'll see a box with a mute button and a sliding scale. Highlight your text and click on that box. Again, you can check your volume with the Checker until you get it where you want it to be.

Before submitting your recording, please be sure to do a thorough job with editing, looking out for overly long silences, clicks, background noise, rustlings and awkward or jumpy passages. I thought your articulation and pacing were very good, however.

For your recording, I noted the following:

At the start, please reduce the silence to under 1 second. Ideal would be about a half second.
At the end, please increase the silence to a full 5 seconds.

When you resubmit your file with corrections, please keep the same file name.
Here is Section 21 with higher volume. Thank you

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anecdotesofbigcats_21_wilson_128kb.mp3

Post Reply