COMPLETE Short Poetry Collection 206 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9822
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » July 3rd, 2020, 11:34 am

Layabanoor wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 11:21 am
So, shall I shorten it and send it again?
Yes, please! Thank you!
Let me know if you need any help or guidance with editing :)

Layabanoor
Posts: 21
Joined: June 21st, 2020, 2:29 am

Post by Layabanoor » July 3rd, 2020, 11:45 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 11:34 am
Layabanoor wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 11:21 am
So, shall I shorten it and send it again?
Yes, please! Thank you!
Let me know if you need any help or guidance with editing :)
I'm so sorry for messing it up last time. I hope it's okay now. Please let me know if there's still some mistake.
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_witchery_ln_128kb.mp3
Duration: 1:01

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 3271
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » July 3rd, 2020, 12:36 pm

Hello Rapunzelina,

Happy poetry anniversary! You're performing a public service, and as a reader I can say that you always make contributing to this collection enjoyable.


'Prayer' by Nikolaus Lenau (1802 - 1850)
Text: https://archive.org/details/germanclassicsof07franuoft/page/n415/mode/2up
Duration: 0.51
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc207_prayer_el_128kb.mp3


'To the Beloved from Afar' by Nikolaus Lenau (1802 - 1850)
Text: https://archive.org/details/germanclassicsof07franuoft/page/366/mode/2up
Duration: 1.11
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc207_belovedafar_el_128kb.mp3


'My Heart' by Nikolaus Lenau (1802 - 1850)
Text: https://archive.org/details/germanclassicsof07franuoft/page/368/mode/2up
Duration: 1.06
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc207_myheart_el_128kb.mp3

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9822
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » July 3rd, 2020, 1:07 pm

Layabanoor wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 11:45 am
I'm so sorry for messing it up last time. I hope it's okay now. Please let me know if there's still some mistake.
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_witchery_ln_128kb.mp3
Duration: 1:01
It's not messing up! It's a learning experience :D Especially the beginning silence, I think, is important, because my mind goes "is something wrong" when the recording is not starting when expected to. But now all is great and the recording is marked PL OK in the Magic Window! Thank you for your timely fix! :thumbs:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9822
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » July 3rd, 2020, 1:19 pm

Thank you, Erin! I appreciate your kind words! :9: :9:
And thank you for your three poems, which are now marked PL OK in the Magic Window!

Bookworm360
Posts: 292
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Middle-Earth(somewhere between the Shire and Lorien)

Post by Bookworm360 » July 3rd, 2020, 3:37 pm

Hello Rapunzelina, here is my contribution; congratulations on your LibriVox anniversary, too! :clap:
Title:The Tiger
Author:William Blake(1757-1827)
Duration:1:05
Source:http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1934/1934-h/1934-h.ht
Recording:https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_tiger_sbw_128kb.mp3
Last edited by Bookworm360 on July 4th, 2020, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Due to life, I am unable to do LV much. Please be patient with delayed projects.

mleigh
Posts: 203
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » July 3rd, 2020, 4:27 pm

Here are two poems for the collection.

An Hymn to the Morning by Phyllis Wheatley (1753-1784)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/409/409-h/409-h.htm#link2H_4_0019
Duration: 1:22
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_hymntothemorning_mlm_128kb.mp3


XXIX Ah, what am I but a torrent by Sappho (c. 620-570 BC)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12389
Duration: 0:46
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_xxixwhatamibutatorrent_mlm_128kb.mp3

I wasn't quite sure how to title this one so I gave it my best guess.

Let me know if I need to fix up anything.

Thanks,

M

Ikedsherr
Posts: 18
Joined: May 20th, 2020, 10:30 am

Post by Ikedsherr » July 4th, 2020, 12:51 am


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 24558
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » July 4th, 2020, 3:35 am

and my first for July, a hymn to poetry:

"I broke the spell that held me long" by William Cullen Bryant (1794-1878)
Text link: https://archive.org/details/poems06bryagoog/page/n196/mode/2up
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_ibrokethespell_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:14 min.

Sonia

Ikedsherr
Posts: 18
Joined: May 20th, 2020, 10:30 am

Post by Ikedsherr » July 4th, 2020, 11:25 am

Dear Rapunzelina,

Here is my first poem for this month.

Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_theoxen_ids_128kb.mp3

Text: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/53215/the-oxen-56d232503c32d

Perhaps it is more appropriate for December, but up to you.

Best,
Ike

WhiteBarryWhite
Posts: 4
Joined: July 2nd, 2020, 2:42 pm

Post by WhiteBarryWhite » July 4th, 2020, 1:18 pm

Hello Rapunzelina,

My name is Tristan Mazurek, and I wanted to help contribute to the Short Poetry collection. I've been wanting to do voiceover work for years, and reading poetry seems like a really good way to dip my toes into the water. I hope I haven't forgotten anything in this submission!

A Legend of Gold by Charles Hamilton Musgrove (1871-1926)
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/27333/27333-h/27333-h.htm#Page_22
Duration: 1:20
MP3 URL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_legendofgold_tkm_128kb.mp3

SarahJ05
Posts: 11
Joined: June 10th, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by SarahJ05 » July 5th, 2020, 1:06 am

Could I read these three? I`ve checked many times and I`m very sure that they're in the public domain and not on Librivox yet but could someone else confirm this? Thank you.

https://blog.catherinedelors.com/a-prayer-for-a-child-by-georgiana-duchess-of-devonshire/
https://www.poetrynook.com/poem/cowboys-life
https://www.public-domain-poetry.com/freeman-edwin-miller/in-the-vales-26404

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9822
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » July 5th, 2020, 3:08 am

Bookworm360 wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 3:37 pm
Hello Rapunzelina, here is my contribution; congratulations on your LibriVox anniversary, too! :clap:
Title:The Tiger
Author:William Blake(1757-1827)
Duration:1:05
Source:http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1934/1934-h/1934-h.ht
Recording:https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_tiger_sbw_128kb.mp3
Thank you, and welcome to the Poetry Collection! :D
Magic Window is updated with your contribution, marked PL OK! Thank you! :9:

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9822
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » July 5th, 2020, 3:14 am

mleigh wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 4:27 pm
Here are two poems for the collection.

An Hymn to the Morning by Phyllis Wheatley (1753-1784)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/409/409-h/409-h.htm#link2H_4_0019
Duration: 1:22
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_hymntothemorning_mlm_128kb.mp3


XXIX Ah, what am I but a torrent by Sappho (c. 620-570 BC)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12389
Duration: 0:46
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_xxixwhatamibutatorrent_mlm_128kb.mp3

I wasn't quite sure how to title this one so I gave it my best guess.

Let me know if I need to fix up anything.

Thanks,

M
Thank you! The titling works just fine! Your voice and reading is lovely! MW updated!

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9822
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » July 5th, 2020, 3:30 am

Kitty wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 3:35 am
and my first for July, a hymn to poetry:

"I broke the spell that held me long" by William Cullen Bryant (1794-1878)
Text link: https://archive.org/details/poems06bryagoog/page/n196/mode/2up
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_ibrokethespell_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:14 min.

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia! :9:
Ikedsherr wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 11:25 am
Dear Rapunzelina,

Here is my first poem for this month.

Recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc206_theoxen_ids_128kb.mp3

Text: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/53215/the-oxen-56d232503c32d

Perhaps it is more appropriate for December, but up to you.

Best,
Ike
Thank you, Ike! :thumbs: Just to clarify, as we have included Ozymandias by Horace Smith in this month's collection, this poem is your second one :D

Post Reply