COMPLETE[PLAY]Andromache by Racine - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awww a very nice characterization of Hermione. Your voice sounds very young, which considering, is optimal to play Hermione, compared to my more mature voice for Andromache. Hermione needs to sound younger I guess. But the fierceness you put in your voice in some longer speeches where you let your hatred and vengeance show, is perfectly conveyed :thumbs: I love the passion, great job.

I'll mark Act 3 already PL ok.

For Act 4 I have a few notes though:

> for the voice credit, please always use the full description as marked in the Magic Window: "Hermione, Daughter of Helen, betrothed to Pyrrhus, read by Shreyasethi"

> at 0:12: (p. 168) stumble and repeat: "I would know" can be cut once

> at 1:00: (p. 169) stumble and repeat: "you must slay" can be cut once

> at about 4:50: (p. 172) you forgot two passages on this page. The long one starts with "Ruin or no, I mean to have revenge" and ends with ""Proceeds from me" and the other is "Follow Orestes straight, he must do nought till he sees me again."

> at 9:00: "end of Act 4" will be said by the narrator, you could cut that out

> and as Todd says, better not include brackets [ ] in your filename, some links can be broken by them

thank you, looking forward to the other 2 acts :)

Sonia
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hey!!!
Here are the recordings for Act 2 and 5
Act 2 (8:05)- https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermoine_2_128kb.mp3
Act 5 (6:45)- https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermione_5_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the discrepancies in Act 4, I did miss the two dialogues but I had removed the stumbles during the editing process, it seems that the changes weren't saved (happens so many times it's almost uncanny). Thanks for your amazing feedback, I had so much fun recording, Hermione is such a complicated character, it seems that she, like Orestes and Pyrrhus sticks to an immature sort of love (which was fairly easy for me to imitate hehe). I'll upload the edited act 4 soon!

Thanks
-SS
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

shreyasethi wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:26 am Here are the recordings for Act 2 and 5
Act 2 (8:05)- https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermoine_2_128kb.mp3
Act 5 (6:45)- https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_hermione_5_128kb.mp3
I had so much fun recording, Hermione is such a complicated character, it seems that she, like Orestes and Pyrrhus sticks to an immature sort of love (which was fairly easy for me to imitate hehe).
yes Hermione is a complex woman, torn between love and revenge. The first monologue she does in Act 5 is wonderfully done, full of despair and rage both. :thumbs: Racine is excellent in his portrayal of grand feelings, especially in his female characters. That's one of the reasons I love him so much :9:

Great job again, thank you so much ! I do have a few textual errors to note down, however, they change the meaning of the sentence a bit:

Act 2:

> at 3:36: (p. 140) "trusting to his solemn oaths" - you say "trusting to him"

> at 6:03: (p. 143) "whose worth I could not but esteem" - you say "wrath"

Act 5:

> at 3:47: (p. 179) "all Greece rose up in arms" - you say "in her arms" (it means "weapons" not her embrace)

> at 4:15: (p. 179) "my own arm must for justice strike" - you say "sake"

the rest is wonderful, thank you so much !

Sonia
richardjaspering

Post by richardjaspering »

Hello,

This would be my first recording, I go by richardjaspering on the forum.
Thank you!

1 Orestes, Son of Agamemnon, Act 1
richardjaspering

Here's my reading of Orestes' parts in Act 1 of Andromache.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/andromache_orestes_act1_128kbps.mp3
richardjaspering

Also, sorry if I missed any steps or completed them incorrectly! I am very new! lol Thanks again.
richardjaspering

Okay, the uploaded link is only one LINE from Act 1. Omg. I will read it all again and upload it again. xD
richardjaspering

And here we go. lol Orestes' lines from Act 1. My real version. Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_act1_128kbps.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 11:17 pmAnd here we go. lol Orestes' lines from Act 1. My real version. Thank you!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_act1_128kbps.mp3
hi Richard, welcome to Librivox and especially to the drama forum. :) I see you are eager to jump in. :lol: (usually it's better to get the claim acknowledged, to prevent any double work done by readers).

Ok, I had a listen to your Orestes and it is very well acted out :thumbs: So I'm happy to have another talented voice actor among our little drama group. :9: Especially the tirade in the middle is wonderfully expressive, I loved it. Already looking forward to the next acts.

I do have a few notes to correct in the first act though, but nothing difficult. No need to re-do it all, just two sentences need re-recording:

> on the technical side, please amplify with 10 dB. The volume is too low (only 77.8 dB) we accept between 86 and 92 with preferred average of 89. Do you know how to amplify in Audacity ? If not I can give you an easy step-by-step. Just let me know. I see your test has not been approved of yet, you probably would have gotten the same feedback there ;) but since you now already recorded, you may as well learn the ropes in this act then

> for the voice credit, please say the entire description as written in the Magic window: "Orestes, son of Agamemnon, read by Richard Jaspering" - no need to say "Act 1", this will be done by the narrator

> at 2:01: (p. 127) "former strength regained" - you said "resigned"

> at 6:20: "end of act 1" - this can also get cut, also done by the narrator

> for the filename, no need to write "act1", simply _1_ will do. There is always an example in the first post for the correct file naming for each project.

the rest is perfect. Also great that you left a lot of editing space between your quotes. Well done, all in all.

I will create your reader page in a minute and sign you up officially. I suppose you want your reader name to be Richard Jaspering, correct ?

ok update: here it is: https://librivox.org/reader/14759 you can find all the projects listed here, in which you are taking part.

Thank you, and welcome aboard. This makes our play FULLY CLAIMED.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
richardjaspering

Thank you so much! Looking very forward to the next acts and fixing the bugs in the existing one.
richardjaspering

Hey, here's another version of it with the filename saved correctly, it should be loud enough and the word "resigned" was replaced by "regained." I left off the "end of act 1" part, too. Thanks again! I hope everyone is well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/andromache_orestes_1_128kbps.mp3
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

richardjaspering wrote: August 5th, 2020, 1:23 amHey, here's another version of it with the filename saved correctly, it should be loud enough and the word "resigned" was replaced by "regained."
I haven't checked it all yet because the beginning (first two lines sound different) sounds like you re-recorded it all again from scratch. Is that the case ? Because in that case I need to recheck it all again and I want to make sure whether that is needed.

BTW for the voice credit, this time you left out "read by Richard Jaspering" - we need that as well ;)

The volume is good so far. Please tell me whether it's a complete redo. Actually we don't encourage re-recording it all again, because it's too much work for the reader and for the prooflistener. Spot editing is much better (as I mentioned before). It would have been enough to re-record that one sentence which was wrong. The first version was totally well done, there was no need to rerecord it all. Chances are high there's another error somewhere else now ;)

Sonia