COMPLETE[PLAY]Alias Miss Sherlock by Tubbs - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 2 also sounds great! Not as much scintillating storyline here, except that we meet Mr. Deering for the first time. But an important piece of the story nonetheless.

I do have a suggestion for this one, but it's only my personal feeling, and I could see it going either way. The pauses in the telephone conversation feel too long to me. I think telephones are a bit tricky for our format. We do want to leave some space, of course, because they shouldn't just be chattering at the phone nonstop. Still, since there isn't anything visually to support them, these felt like too much to me. You may disagree, and that's fine. The pauses that to me felt like too much are at 34:18, 34:22, 34:42, 35:03, 35:21, 35:24.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 3 PL ok! This is a very fun act, where we get to see some real sleuthing, just like in those detectative novels!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: August 25th, 2020, 8:02 pm Act 2 also sounds great! Not as much scintillating storyline here, except that we meet Mr. Deering for the first time. But an important piece of the story nonetheless.

I do have a suggestion for this one, but it's only my personal feeling, and I could see it going either way. The pauses in the telephone conversation feel too long to me. I think telephones are a bit tricky for our format. We do want to leave some space, of course, because they shouldn't just be chattering at the phone nonstop. Still, since there isn't anything visually to support them, these felt like too much to me. You may disagree, and that's fine. The pauses that to me felt like too much are at 34:18, 34:22, 34:42, 35:03, 35:21, 35:24.
Fixed phone call as you suggested.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:56 am
mightyfelix wrote: August 25th, 2020, 8:02 pm Act 2 also sounds great! Not as much scintillating storyline here, except that we meet Mr. Deering for the first time. But an important piece of the story nonetheless.

Fixed phone call as you suggested.

Thanks, Todd
Ah, this sounded much more comfortable. Starting on Act 4 now. The big reveal! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 4 also sounds great! Several touching dramatic moments here. :9: PL ok and ready for cataloguing!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

All done and we now know whodunnit! (But we will never tell, of course.) All audio files may be found in our catalog at: https://librivox.org/alias-miss-sherlock-by-arthur-lewis-tubbs/

Thank you all for your great voices and acting, and mightfelix's DPL'ing. More Tubbs will be coming.

Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks, Todd & Devorah!

Can't wait to listen! (I still don't know whodunnit -- hope it wasn't me... :D ).
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

benderca wrote: August 29th, 2020, 12:27 pm Thanks, Todd & Devorah!

Can't wait to listen! (I still don't know whodunnit -- hope it wasn't me... :D ).
:lol: :lol: You'll enjoy it! :wink: