COMPLETE[PLAY]Alias Miss Sherlock by Tubbs - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply


reecedawg
Posts: 400
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 7:09 am
Location: Cordova, IL

Post by reecedawg » June 28th, 2020, 12:26 pm

Could I please claim Ralph Deering?
Thanks!
"After the dazzle of day is gone,
Only the dark, dark night shows to my eyes the stars;
After the clangor of organ majestic, or chorus, or perfect band,
Silent, athwart my soul, moves the symphony true."
Walt Whitman


adrianstephens
Posts: 1449
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » June 29th, 2020, 1:56 am

Henson, not a lot of opportunity for character acting here. But I tried my supercilious best...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_4_128kb.mp3
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM


mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6791
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » June 29th, 2020, 11:40 am

adrianstephens wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 1:56 am
Henson, not a lot of opportunity for character acting here. But I tried my supercilious best...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_4_128kb.mp3
Oh, very nice! I can just see him, gliding into a room to announce someone, the tiniest bow, gliding back out! :lol:

I have a couple of minor notes for act 2. Act 4 is PL ok right away!

0:19 Need a space here for stage directions, after "Miss Newcomb will be right down, sir."
0:22 This one is OPTIONAL, as it doesn't change the meaning, but it may help add to your superciliousness. :wink: Text is "Master Dick." I hear "Mister Dick." (You do say "Master" when it comes up again a bit later.)

skypigeon
Posts: 46
Joined: February 1st, 2020, 8:26 am

Post by skypigeon » June 29th, 2020, 5:02 pm



adrianstephens
Posts: 1449
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » June 29th, 2020, 10:55 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 11:40 am
adrianstephens wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 1:56 am
Henson, not a lot of opportunity for character acting here. But I tried my supercilious best...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_4_128kb.mp3
Oh, very nice! I can just see him, gliding into a room to announce someone, the tiniest bow, gliding back out! :lol:

I have a couple of minor notes for act 2. Act 4 is PL ok right away!

0:19 Need a space here for stage directions, after "Miss Newcomb will be right down, sir."
0:22 This one is OPTIONAL, as it doesn't change the meaning, but it may help add to your superciliousness. :wink: Text is "Master Dick." I hear "Mister Dick." (You do say "Master" when it comes up again a bit later.)
Thank you, mighty one. Here is the correction:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_2_128kb.mp3
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6791
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » June 30th, 2020, 10:35 am

adrianstephens wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 10:55 pm
Thank you, mighty one. Here is the correction:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_henson_2_128kb.mp3
:lol: You may not expect it, with a screen name like mine, but that may be the first time I've been addressed that way! :lol:

PL ok now!

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6791
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » June 30th, 2020, 10:48 am

Very nice work with Leonard! He sounds so very cock-sure, but at the same time, good-natured and trustworthy. I look forward to hearing the rest. For now, I have just two small notes, but they're very important!

1:01 After "...claim your congratulations," you need to insert a space, so Todd can put the stage directions in here. Treat them as you would another character's line. :)
1:45 Same thing here, after "...willing Adam am I."

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12388
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » June 30th, 2020, 10:53 am

Remember - The Mighty One has spoken! (I'm not sure when you'll get rid of that nickname....)

Thanks, Todd

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6791
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » June 30th, 2020, 10:54 am

Oh no... :help:

:mrgreen:

adrianstephens
Posts: 1449
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » June 30th, 2020, 12:10 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 10:54 am
Oh no... :help:

:mrgreen:
Oh yes! :oops: :oops:
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

Post Reply