COMPLETE: Women of America by John Ruse Larus -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Jo,
I posted for a new listener. I'm pretty sure I did it correctly but it has been a while. I followed the direction for the template (nice :) ). It has been too hot to record lately so this is going to go a bit slower than I had planned.
No lock downs here in WI but the heat just keeps coming. Cools a bit and then right back with the heat, typical for WI but its never been this hot this long. Who thinks global warming isn't happening .... :roll:
Linda Andrus
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Linda,

Your LW post is fine. It's now locked as a sticky to to the top of the forum. :) I also added the ~ back to the thread title to show that a DPL is needed.
Jo
schandrasekar

Post by schandrasekar »

Hi there,

I just listened to Section 2 and it is PL OK. I don't have enough time to be your DPL but I would love to continue to PL for you here and there until you find a DPL.

-Shivali
schandrasekar

Post by schandrasekar »

Section 3 is PL OK
schandrasekar

Post by schandrasekar »

Section 4 is PL OK
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Shivali,
Thanks so much for dropping by and listening for me.
Linda Andrus
schandrasekar

Post by schandrasekar »

Section 5 PL notes:
18:15 there is a small click sound in a between “civilization” and “of” that I think if removed, the sentence would flow better
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Shivali,
All fixed. Darn little click wouldn't leave the recording no matter what I tried so I re-recorded the sentence.
Linda Andrus
schandrasekar

Post by schandrasekar »

putzy a wrote: August 26th, 2020, 7:29 pm Hi Shivali,
All fixed. Darn little click wouldn't leave the recording no matter what I tried so I re-recorded the sentence.
Oh, that's annoying, but it's perfect now. Section 5 is PL OK.
macarey33

Post by macarey33 »

I would like to PL the Introduction.
macarey33

Post by macarey33 »

Introduction PL completed and is all good. Below are my notes. Great reading. I want to read this book now!

Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)? YES
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording! OK
"Chapter [number] of Women of America. OK
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" OK
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]" OK
"Women of America by John Rouse Larus. [Chapter]" OK

Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time. NO

Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time. NO. The overdub at 7:35 is fine.

Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading? NO

Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?) NO

Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread? YES

Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file? YES
Expected: 12:52-12:57, Actual: 12:52-12:57
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi maccarey33. Thanks for your interest in PLing, however if you look at the MW in the top post you will see that the Introduction and Sections 1-5 of this book were already PL'd and marked PL OK. When you are looking for sections to PL (in projects that do not already have a Dedicated PLer or DPL like this one), only sections that say Ready for PL in the far right column of the MW are waiting for PL. :)
Jo
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Hi, I'll be happy to be DPL for this project.
Regards, Susanne
==========
Susanne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Welcome to the project, Susanne. I've added you as DPL. You should have access to the MW.
Jo
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Thanks Jo!
Will I get a notification when a chapter is ready for PL'ing or do I need to check the MW?
==========
Susanne