COMPLETE: Women of America by John Ruse Larus -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

You will not automatically get a notification, but you can subscribe to the thread and sign up for notifications when there is a new post here. Below are some different ways to follow the threads where you are DPL.

To keep track of threads, you can bookmark them. Click on the down arrow alongside the little wrench icon which is next to the Post Reply at the top of every thread, and then choose 'bookmark topic.' To access your bookmarks, use the down arrow next to your username at the top right in the header under the search box, and click User Control Panel. On the next screen select manage bookmarks. (Hint: You can bookmark this page of forum bookmarks in your browser for easier access.) When you no longer need a specific thread bookmark, check the box in the column titled MARK, then scroll to the bottom and click the 'Remove marked bookmarks' button. On this page, you can do this for multiple threads at once. You can also remove a single thread from your forum bookmarks the same way you set the bookmark above. In the dropdown next to the wrench icon for a bookmarked topic, select remove from bookmarks.

To receive notifications of new posts in a thread, choose 'subscribe topic.' To turn on Notifications, click on your username at the top right of the forum page under the Search Box. This will open the User Control Panel. Click the tab for Board Preferences then click on Edit Notifications. (You can also get to this page by clicking the Notifications to the left of your username above and then clicking on Settings in the dropdown window.)

Check the boxes for the notifications you would like to receive. When you have new notifications, a red circle with a number will appear next to the Notifications link. Click the link and your notifications will be displayed as links in a dropdown box. You can also choose to be notified by email if you prefer.

You can also see the status of all your reader or DPL sections in open projects at a glance from your catalog page

https://librivox.org/reader/14903

by clicking the Reader section details link under your name. Three are two tabs. One for Reading and one for Prooflistening. Click on any of the thread titles in either list to go directly to the thread on the forum. Again, you can bookmark either of these pages in your browser so you can go directly to it without the extra clicks.
Jo
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Great advice, thanks!
==========
Susanne
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Susanne,
Thank you for signing on as my DPL. I haven't been recording lately with the summer heat but I think summer is over for Wisconsin this year. :roll: :lol: I should have some more sections in the next few days.

Jo,
Thanks for moving us out of Listeners Wanted.
Linda Andrus
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Hi Linda,
summer is also coming to an end in Germany. I look forward to listening to your chapters.
Have a nice weekend.
==========
Susanne
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Susanne,
I have 3 more sections up for you to listen to. I am happy to say most of the rest is in English and you won't have to listen to my attempts at Portugese and Spanish. :)
Linda Andrus
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Thanks Linda!
I'll get to it shortly.
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Hi Linda,
I PL'ed a chapter today and you managed well with the Spanish and Portuguese names. I really enjoyed listening to your voice!
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

I'm done with the chapters :D
==========
Susanne
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Susanne,
Thank you for listening so promptly. I am hoping to have a few more sections for you next week.
Linda Andrus
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

putzy a wrote: September 24th, 2020, 5:45 pm Hi Susanne,
Thank you for listening so promptly. I am hoping to have a few more sections for you next week.
I’ll be here whenever you’ve time. Have a nice weekend :D
==========
Susanne
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Susanne,
Finally have more for you to PL. These chapters were quite long and I needed to split them into two sections. Chapter seven is long too and I split that as well. The rest should fit into one file each. I have never heard of many of these women so I'm learning a lot. :D
Linda Andrus
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

putzy a wrote: October 5th, 2020, 5:22 pm Hi Susanne,
Finally have more for you to PL. These chapters were quite long and I needed to split them into two sections. Chapter seven is long too and I split that as well. The rest should fit into one file each. I have never heard of many of these women so I'm learning a lot. :D
Hello Linda,
wonderful! I look forward to listening to the chapters in the next couple of days.
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

Hello Linda,
what interesting and courageous women we learn about! I PL'ed Section 9 which is okay. I was wondering whether you changed the setting of the mic at 20:53? From then on the recording has the wonderful sound of being in a cathedral. :)
==========
Susanne
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Susanne
I picked up the background hollow sound somewhere. I tried to edit it out and had some small success and the more I edited the worse it got so I stopped at a somewhat middle ground. The next couple of sections are kind of like that and then suddenly it stopped. I hope it doesn’t come back. :roll:
Linda Andrus
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

putzy a wrote: October 7th, 2020, 10:56 am Hi Susanne
I picked up the background hollow sound somewhere. I tried to edit it out and had some small success and the more I edited the worse it got so I stopped at a somewhat middle ground. The next couple of sections are kind of like that and then suddenly it stopped. I hope it doesn’t come back. :roll:
Hi Linda,
No worries. It doesn’t distract from the quality of the recording.
==========
Susanne