Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Here's the last of my three!

#23 - Theater Parties
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/etiquettemadeeasy_23_squier_128kb.mp3
Length: 5:43

Thanks again!!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:56 pm Here's the last of my three!

#23 - Theater Parties
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/etiquettemadeeasy_23_squier_128kb.mp3
Length: 5:43

Thanks again!!
Thank you!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello below are the edits for the sections that are pled. Please do as suggested and remember to post your edited file with the new time in this thread. Thank you.

April, dpl

SECTION 22
-@ 1:85 please record and insert section title after the section number.
SECTION 21
-@3:5 please record and insert section title after the section number.
SECTION 16
Hello, personal note here for you:
Your reading quite nicely though the cadence is interrupted by your "in-drawn breaths".
I also notice that your recording does not seem to "show" the in-drawn breaths before every sentence begins only scattered to certain areas.
-Open your audio with the "audacity" program to see just what I am referring to, please? I presume that is how you record your audio though seeing it after you record can be quite helpful too.
It is a wonderful program so the recorder "sees" their audio . For me it does work best to "enlarge" the audio with the + sign towards the bottom of that page, by clicking on that, differs by person I am sure. I click it 3 times.
Section 16 audio is as follows:
27.50 show a flat line which is no sound and is wonderful to see while 47.50 shows a large nodule and that signifies sound. For myself I attempt to use the audacity program to get a flat line after I record in most places where I am not speaking.
Yes, there are a few nodules throughout your recording though not all are as loud as others. Breathing is good so please do continue with that & do not think I am asking that you do not breathe as I am not.
-@47:50 delete in-drawn breath
-@54:50 delete in-drawn breath
-@1:00 replace the in-drawn breath with silence.

The checker program is also helpful for the reader as it will show the volume & background sound levels. Do you know how to use that one & do you use it?
It shows that for section 16 the volume is at 91.1 with the background sound being at 45.9.

It has been mentioned to me that the ideal volume is from 86-92 with the preferred average being 89.0
Background sound is ideal at 24.2 though can probably go up or down by a couple of numbers, that I am not positive of though the MC can see this post and is welcome to interject anything into it so possibly we will know a more definitive number.
Due to the background sound being a high number, I ask you to run background checker a couple of more times after the edits.

Please make the edits and re-post with the new time as well.

SECTION 13
EDITS:
@0.50 add 1.0 second of silence at the beginning
@33.50 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@38.50 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@40.05 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@46.50 delete in-drawn breath (this one does not have much room on either side so probably best to delete as opposed to replace in-drawn breath with silence
@50.50 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@1:32 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@4:36.50 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@4:45.25 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@5:05.50 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@5:12 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@5:50 replace in-drawn breath with silence
@5:53 replace in-drawn breath with silence

The background level is too high on this section, it is at 40.9 so I do ask you to please do 2, possibly 3, noise reductions after doing the edits I have mentioned.
Thank you,
April

SECTION 08
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:

START of recording (Intro)
"Chapter [number and title] of Etiquette Made Easy

@1:25 please insert section title.
repost new file with new time in this thread.

SECTION 2
@ 2:00 please insert section title
Please also delete 4 seconds from ending.
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

adr6090 wrote: June 28th, 2020, 5:08 pm SECTION 16
Hello, personal note here for you:
Your reading quite nicely though the cadence is interrupted by your "in-drawn breaths".
I also notice that your recording does not seem to "show" the in-drawn breaths before every sentence begins only scattered to certain areas.
-Open your audio with the "audacity" program to see just what I am referring to, please? I presume that is how you record your audio though seeing it after you record can be quite helpful too.
It is a wonderful program so the recorder "sees" their audio . For me it does work best to "enlarge" the audio with the + sign towards the bottom of that page, by clicking on that, differs by person I am sure. I click it 3 times.
Section 16 audio is as follows:
27.50 show a flat line which is no sound and is wonderful to see while 47.50 shows a large nodule and that signifies sound. For myself I attempt to use the audacity program to get a flat line after I record in most places where I am not speaking.
Yes, there are a few nodules throughout your recording though not all are as loud as others. Breathing is good so please do continue with that & do not think I am asking that you do not breathe as I am not.
-@47:50 delete in-drawn breath
-@54:50 delete in-drawn breath
-@1:00 replace the in-drawn breath with silence.

The checker program is also helpful for the reader as it will show the volume & background sound levels. Do you know how to use that one & do you use it?
It shows that for section 16 the volume is at 91.1 with the background sound being at 45.9.

It has been mentioned to me that the ideal volume is from 86-92 with the preferred average being 89.0
Background sound is ideal at 24.2 though can probably go up or down by a couple of numbers, that I am not positive of though the MC can see this post and is welcome to interject anything into it so possibly we will know a more definitive number.
Due to the background sound being a high number, I ask you to run background checker a couple of more times after the edits.

Please make the edits and re-post with the new time as well.
Thanks for the feedback! Here's the edited version of Section 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/etiquettemadeeasy_16_squier_128kb.mp3
Length: 1:09

I do use Checker for all of my recordings, but I don't know where to find the background noise value. I ran a few more passes of noise reduction on this version at the very least, so hopefully that helps. I'm also unclear regarding your volume note, as 91.1 seems to be in the acceptable range, both according to Checker and your notes. Regardless, this new version comes in at 90.4.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet you'll have similar notes for my other two sections. If this re-edit of #16 is acceptable, I'll be sure to edit the other two accordingly.

EDIT - Had one of those youthful senior moments and just now realized that you did also give feedback on #13. I'll work on those edits right away.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 28th, 2020, 5:41 pm
Thanks for the feedback! Here's the edited version of Section 16:

I do use Checker for all of my recordings, but I don't know where to find the background noise value. I ran a few more passes of noise reduction on this version at the very least, so hopefully that helps. I'm also unclear regarding your volume note, as 91.1 seems to be in the acceptable range, both according to Checker and your notes. Regardless, this new version comes in at 90.4.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet you'll have similar notes for my other two sections. If this re-edit of #16 is acceptable, I'll be sure to edit the other two accordingly.

EDIT - Had one of those youthful senior moments and just now realized that you did also give feedback on #13. I'll work on those edits right away.
MW updated.
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 28th, 2020, 5:41 pm Thanks for the feedback! Here's the edited version of Section 16:

And here's the edit for #13!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/etiquettemadeeasy_13_squier_128kb.mp3
Length: 6:23

Let me know if these pass muster. If so, I'll apply the same edits for #23 as well.

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 28th, 2020, 6:11 pm
And here's the edit for #13!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/etiquettemadeeasy_13_squier_128kb.mp3
Length: 6:23

Let me know if these pass muster. If so, I'll apply the same edits for #23 as well.
Thank you! MW updated!
Lydia19

Post by Lydia19 »

Hi!

Could I please claim section 5 'Calls' ?

Thanks,
Lydia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lydia19 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:09 am Hi!

Could I please claim section 5 'Calls' ?

Thanks,
Lydia
Yes, of course. Thank you!
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Here's the edited version of Section 2!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/etiquettemadeeasy_02_128kb.mp3

Falcon
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Falcon wrote: June 29th, 2020, 12:09 pm Here's the edited version of Section 2!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/etiquettemadeeasy_02_128kb.mp3

Falcon
Thank you!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

April