(Complete) Captivating Bible Stories for Young People by Charlotte Mary Yonge - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
BooksUnderBanyanTree
Posts: 36
Joined: March 30th, 2020, 1:28 am
Contact:

Post by BooksUnderBanyanTree » September 10th, 2020, 7:39 am

Hey!
This is section 40. Duration 6:04 minutes.

Thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/captivatingbiblestories_40_yonge_128kb.mp3

markpenfold
Posts: 1066
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 3:03 pm
Location: Lincoln, NE

Post by markpenfold » September 10th, 2020, 8:07 am

silverquill wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 7:32 am
markpenfold wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 12:00 am

I still don’t know how to use Audacity to get rid of the background noise. The volume increase will probably be the easy part. I’ll make sure to remove the questions this time.
Noise Reduction is a two step process.
First, highlight an area of the recording for a Noise Profile. Usually the beginning or ending silence works well
Choose Noise Reduction from the Effect menu, and click on Get Noise Profile.
Then, highlight the entire file.
Choose Noise Reduction from the Effect menu again and click on OK (The presets are usually adequate)
Okay, depending on how you count, that may be more than two steps. :lol:

I routinely do this on all of my recordings.
Thank you! I’ll give it a shot! Audacity seems so complex to me!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa

markpenfold
Posts: 1066
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 3:03 pm
Location: Lincoln, NE

Post by markpenfold » September 11th, 2020, 9:30 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/captivatingbiblestories_01_yonge_128kb.mp3

I edited out the questions and hopefully increased the volume to a satisfactory level

7:56, 7.27 MB
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa

silverquill
Posts: 14899
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 11th, 2020, 11:38 am

markpenfold wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 9:30 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/captivatingbiblestories_01_yonge_128kb.mp3

I edited out the questions and hopefully increased the volume to a satisfactory level

7:56, 7.27 MB
Excellent reading!
Volume is still low at 85dB, but I boosted it so you're okay. :D
Thanks so much for your work on this. Great lead-off chapter for this book.
~ Larry

markpenfold
Posts: 1066
Joined: January 9th, 2008, 3:03 pm
Location: Lincoln, NE

Post by markpenfold » September 11th, 2020, 12:26 pm

silverquill wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 11:38 am
markpenfold wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 9:30 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/captivatingbiblestories_01_yonge_128kb.mp3

I edited out the questions and hopefully increased the volume to a satisfactory level

7:56, 7.27 MB
Excellent reading!
Volume is still low at 85dB, but I boosted it so you're okay. :D
Thanks so much for your work on this. Great lead-off chapter for this book.
Dang it!! I’m sorry about that! This process is a lot harder than I thought!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa

silverquill
Posts: 14899
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 20th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 11:33 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/captivatingbiblestories_22_yonge_128kb.mp3
Here is section 22, in case I forgot to post it before. :D Oh yes, and it lasts 4:24.
Picking up the PL here because lomond is occupied with the fires in Oregon.

Happy to report this as PL OK!
Thank you.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14899
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 20th, 2020, 10:43 pm

BooksUnderBanyanTree wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 7:39 am
Hey!
This is section 40. Duration 6:04 minutes.

Thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/captivatingbiblestories_40_yonge_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
I've boosted the volume for you and marked this PL OK.
Thank you for reading this chapter for us. :)
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14899
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 20th, 2020, 10:44 pm

If I could have a volunteer to PL my reading of Section 16, and it passes, we will bring this volume to a conclusion and send it over to the catalog. :help:
~ Larry

BooksUnderBanyanTree
Posts: 36
Joined: March 30th, 2020, 1:28 am
Contact:

Post by BooksUnderBanyanTree » September 20th, 2020, 11:18 pm

Thank you so much!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21336
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 21st, 2020, 5:28 am

Section 16 PL OK
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 4 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21336
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 21st, 2020, 6:41 am

Congratulations to everyone who contributed! :clap: :clap: :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/captivating-bible-stories-for-young-people-by-charlotte-mary-yonge/
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 4 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

dpbrown
Posts: 27
Joined: April 11th, 2020, 1:22 am

Post by dpbrown » September 21st, 2020, 7:01 am

Hi,

Great that this project is finished - well done everybody. I just noticed that some of the sections are in the wrong order on the MW. I'm only raising it in case it affects the structure of the completed file.

dpbrown

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21336
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » September 21st, 2020, 7:22 am

dpbrown wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 7:01 am
Hi,

Great that this project is finished - well done everybody. I just noticed that some of the sections are in the wrong order on the MW. I'm only raising it in case it affects the structure of the completed file.

dpbrown
The files are in numerical order (the number put in the file name). If the MW is wrong, it means they may be misnamed in the the catalogued version.

Edit:I have fixed section 6. It may take a few minutes to show correctly. Let me know if anything else needs changing.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 4 sections remaining
A Minor War History 12 sections remaining

dpbrown
Posts: 27
Joined: April 11th, 2020, 1:22 am

Post by dpbrown » September 21st, 2020, 9:24 am

Lynnet wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 7:22 am
dpbrown wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 7:01 am
Hi,

Great that this project is finished - well done everybody. I just noticed that some of the sections are in the wrong order on the MW. I'm only raising it in case it affects the structure of the completed file.

dpbrown
The files are in numerical order (the number put in the file name). If the MW is wrong, it means they may be misnamed in the the catalogued version.

Edit:I have fixed section 6. It may take a few minutes to show correctly. Let me know if anything else needs changing.
Thanks, I think it was only section 6. It all looks good now!

Post Reply