(Complete) Short Story Collection 089 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cherylstewart
Posts: 2090
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 12th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Section 2 "Emancipation" PL OK
Section 3" Hundredth Amendment" PL note -short repeat at about 3:14 "of Miles Stannish, of .."
Section 5 "Restitution" PL OK

cherylstewart
Posts: 2090
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 12th, 2020, 12:28 pm

No, wait, section 2 is file not found. Sorry.
Cheryl

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19832
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 12th, 2020, 12:46 pm

cherylstewart wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 12:28 pm
No, wait, section 2 is file not found. Sorry.
Cheryl
I’ll investigate.
Hope you’re not affected by the evacuations, Cheryl. We’re not yet, but it’s creeping closer :shock:

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19832
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 12th, 2020, 2:02 pm

Lynnet wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 12:46 pm
cherylstewart wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 12:28 pm
No, wait, section 2 is file not found. Sorry.
Cheryl
I’ll investigate.
Hope you’re not affected by the evacuations, Cheryl. We’re not yet, but it’s creeping closer :shock:
Try now... it wasn't an MP3 file for some reason.

Grothmann
Posts: 754
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » June 12th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Hi:

Corrected Hundredth Amendment and reloaded
(and renamed to https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_hundrethammendment_dg_128kb.mp3)

Thanks
Dale

Grothmann
Posts: 754
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » June 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm

Hi:

You all are not near that fire, are you? Stay safe.

The Choice
By Eugene Guillaume
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:33

Text at
https://pulpmags.org/collections/pdf/blm19200900.pdf
PP 28


Audio at --
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_thechoice_dg_128kb.mp3

There are some odd stories in the 1910's an 20's.


Thank you.
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19832
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 12th, 2020, 5:39 pm

Grothmann wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm
Hi:

You all are not near that fire, are you? Stay safe.

The Choice
By Eugene Guillaume
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:33

Text at
https://pulpmags.org/collections/pdf/blm19200900.pdf
PP 28


Audio at --
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_thechoice_dg_128kb.mp3

There are some odd stories in the 1910's an 20's.


Thank you.
Dale
Thank you.

Yes, we are about 10 miles from the evacuation zone. Not sure where Cheryl is located, but she is in the Tucson area, too. Good news is those told to evacuate yesterday are being downgraded to “get ready to evacuate”

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 151
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » June 13th, 2020, 10:29 am

Good morning -

I uploaded this story:

Title: Legend of Sagenfeld, in Germany by Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/3184/3184-h/3184-h.htm#link2H_4_0009
Duration: 13:57
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_legendsagenfeld_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19832
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 13th, 2020, 10:43 am

JachinandBoaz wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 10:29 am
Good morning -

I uploaded this story:

Title: Legend of Sagenfeld, in Germany by Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/3184/3184-h/3184-h.htm#link2H_4_0009
Duration: 13:57
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_legendsagenfeld_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel
Thank you

cherylstewart
Posts: 2090
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 13th, 2020, 2:38 pm

Section 2 "Emancipation" PL OK
Section 3 "Hundredth Amendment" PL OK
Section 5 "The Choice" PL OK
:D Cheryl

cherylstewart
Posts: 2090
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » June 13th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Section 6 "Legend of Saganfeld..." PL OK
Cheryl

Horner94
Posts: 878
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Northern Ireland
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » June 13th, 2020, 8:36 pm

Hello,
Here is my contribution:
Author: William Blake, 1757-1827
Title: Marriage of Heaven and Hell
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_marriageofheavenandhell_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 30:32

Kind regards,
Chad

Piotrek81
Posts: 3769
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » June 14th, 2020, 2:24 am

Here's one translated from Polish:

Title: In Autumn
Author: Wacław Sieroszewski (1858-1945)
Duration 34:05
Translator: Else C. M. Benecke (1873-1917)
Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/35456/35456-h/35456-h.htm#Page_137
Uploader link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_inautumn_pn81_128kb.mp3

The author was a very interesting character, by the way. To quote the translator of the collection "during the fifteen years spent in Siberia as a political exile, he made a study of some of the native tribes, especially the Yakut and Tungus, and has written a great deal on this subject." Talk about making a lemonade when life throws you lemons.
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

JachinandBoaz
Posts: 151
Joined: May 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

Post by JachinandBoaz » June 14th, 2020, 6:40 am

Good morning -

I uploaded this one this morning:

Title: Kirdjali by Alexander Pushkin (1799-1837)
Text URL: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/55024/55024-h/55024-h.htm#Page_184
Time: 16:12
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_kirdjali_dwd_128kb.mp3

Daniel

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19832
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 14th, 2020, 8:54 am

Horner94 wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 8:36 pm
Hello,
Here is my contribution:
Author: William Blake, 1757-1827
Title: Marriage of Heaven and Hell
Audio recording ready for PL'ing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss089_marriageofheavenandhell_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 30:32

Kind regards,
Chad
Thank you
I need the text link for the meta data.

Post Reply