[COMPLETE] True Detective Stories: From the Archives of the Pinkertons by Cleveland Moffett - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BBuyaky

Post by BBuyaky »

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Great job with Chapter 2. It is PL-OK. :D

One optional note, you used the longer version of the Librivox disclaimer. There is a shorter version of this in the project disclaimer that could be used for Chapter 2 and beyond. Not sure if you want to change it, but it would probably be best to be consistent.
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
BBuyaky

Post by BBuyaky »

Ambsweet13 wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:58 pm Great job with Chapter 2. It is PL-OK. :D

One optional note, you used the longer version of the Librivox disclaimer. There is a shorter version of this in the project disclaimer that could be used for Chapter 2 and beyond. Not sure if you want to change it, but it would probably be best to be consistent.
Fantastic, thank you!! I agree with your note, im all for consistency. I'll get that revised and punched in. I will not make any other alterations to what you PLd.

Thank you, again!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Still working on this, BBuyaky? Please post with an update.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

No word from the soloist. This project will be treated as abandoned as per the following policy:

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I'll take this on.

See you soon :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up. You should be able to get into the MW now, although I haven't moved the audio files yet. Give me a bit to get those in working order.

EDIT: I get an error message when trying to move the files. No fear; they are safe; I just can't move them to my folder and will need someone else to do it for me. In the meantime, if you want to listen to them, they're here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/truedetectivestories/truedetectivestories_01_moffett_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/truedetectivestories/truedetectivestories_02_moffett_128kb.mp3

Are you going to DPL, or are we looking for one?
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I 'm going to do it as a solo. Sorry, I didn't mention that.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ok, no worries! I guess you'll need a DPL then. :lol:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Ambsweet was the original DPL. Might be worth seeing if she is still interested in continuing. :)
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I sent her a PM :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 3 is in.
Also, I understand that as this project has less that 10 section I'm supposed to use a single-digit file number? I'm asking because the previous reader used two-digit ones.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It doesn't really matter for projects of fewer than 10 sections. There's more a "danger" of using too few digits and having the sections not sort properly, than there is of using too many.

In the cataloging system, I can standardize them to 2 digits, so do whatever you want with your file numbering. :)
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I'm a sucker for anything true crime -- would love to PL these remaining sections for you!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

ColleenMc wrote: May 29th, 2021, 11:02 am I'm a sucker for anything true crime -- would love to PL these remaining sections for you!

Colleen
Great. Jump onboard :D