COMPLETE For God And Gold by Julian Stafford Corbett - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

That's wonderful. Thank you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 10: Spot checked and PL OK!
Ares

Post by Ares »

Hi guys!
I did it!
It was so hard for me, but i did it! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/forgodandgold_09_corbett_128kb.mp3
duration: 51:16

I would like so much feedback please, for me to know what i did ok, and what could i focus on to improve. Waiting for comments! :D
Cheers!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. COngratulations. What a long chapter. Thanks a lot. Would you like to record another one or would you prefer to wait for feedback?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Ares

Post by Ares »

miss stav wrote: September 5th, 2020, 6:19 pm Wow. COngratulations. What a long chapter. Thanks a lot. Would you like to record another one or would you prefer to wait for feedback?
Thanks! yeah! it was so long, i felt i was loosing the energy as i went through, but i wanted to do it in one go.
I wanted at least a bit of feedback please, a couple of comments/suggestions after listening the chapter at least for a couple of minutes.
Then very probably i'll record more, i enjoy the book, it's interesting.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 9 is PL OK! Well done!

As for feedback, I could tell that you are not a native English speaker, but I could understand you alright, if that's what you are worried about! In such a long text with difficult words, which I think even native speakers could have mispronounced, you did a great job with very few mispronunciations! I liked your reading pace! It was easy to follow, even when using a different intonation (for example, not pausing at a comma, or pausing without a comma). All in all, a good result! :thumbs: Probably, for a perfect result, you would pre-read the text to find how to pronounce any unknown words, or to practice the correct intonation for a sentence; but you don't have to be a perfectionist!
The key is to have fun, which I think you did :D Your reading was calming, and I enjoyed your character voices! :clap:
Please read more! I believe the more you record, the more confident you'll feel in front of the microphone, which will make it even more fun :mrgreen:
Ares

Post by Ares »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 6th, 2020, 2:57 pm Chapter 9 is PL OK! Well done!

As for feedback, I could tell that you are not a native English speaker, but I could understand you alright, if that's what you are worried about! In such a long text with difficult words, which I think even native speakers could have mispronounced, you did a great job with very few mispronunciations! I liked your reading pace! It was easy to follow, even when using a different intonation (for example, not pausing at a comma, or pausing without a comma). All in all, a good result! :thumbs: Probably, for a perfect result, you would pre-read the text to find how to pronounce any unknown words, or to practice the correct intonation for a sentence; but you don't have to be a perfectionist!
The key is to have fun, which I think you did :D Your reading was calming, and I enjoyed your character voices! :clap:
Please read more! I believe the more you record, the more confident you'll feel in front of the microphone, which will make it even more fun :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot for the feedback, i'll try to keep all those words in mind, i very appreciate all of them.
May i claim chapter 20 ? I'll try to pre-read it this time :D
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. It is all yours. Have fun.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Hi
I've claimed sections 1 through 6 and I totally intend to submit them hopefully by the next week's end. I'm so sorry for causing the delay I've been volunteering a lot these past few weeks and that with school made it pretty tough to record or edit my audios. I am really sorry.
Thanks
-SS
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

It's ok. I totally understand.
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is chapter 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/forgodandgold_11_corbett_128kb.mp3

duration 37.21

Cheers

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 11 is PL OK!
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot.