COMPLETE: Fairy Fingers by Anna Cora Mowatt Ritchie -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ecr24

Post by ecr24 »

@ktaylor07

I've just PL'd Section 11- there were just a couple of things that needed changing.

PG 117:

-it should be "as she passed through Paris", rather than "and."
-"with uncertain steps", rather than "and."
-"waking-up movement", rather than "walking."

PG 120:

-"Imagination of Maurice", rather than "image."

I also noticed that there was a point where you had re-recorded a part, but it didn't seem to join very well when I listened to the recording. I'm not sure if this is something that can be changed to fit better? The sentence was "she must have remained in Paris" in PG 117.

I really enjoyed listening to your recording, and I'm looking forward to PL'ing a few more sections :D
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

ecr24 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 1:49 pm @ktaylor07

I've just PL'd Section 11- there were just a couple of things that needed changing.

PG 117:

PG 120:

I also noticed that there was a point where you had re-recorded a part, but it didn't seem to join very well when I listened to the recording. I'm not sure if this is something that can be changed to fit better? The sentence was "she must have remained in Paris" in PG 117.

I really enjoyed listening to your recording, and I'm looking forward to PL'ing a few more sections :D
Thanks! :D Glad you're enjoying the recording!

These are all good catches. Just one request - to help me find the errors more quickly, could you include the approximate time on the recording as well as the page number? For example, the first correction occurs at around moment 3:06. It makes editing go a lot faster.

I've posted the file for you to spot check. You don't have to listen to the complete recording again, just the places where I've corrected the mistakes. Thanks again!
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Lilimart10 wrote: June 9th, 2020, 4:38 pm Could I PL for sections 21-33 please?
Thank you!
If you don't have time right now to PL these sections, please let me know. I have someone else who has offered to work on them.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I think you can go ahead and have someone else PL these. Lilimart10 hasn't logged on the forums since June 10th.
Jo
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: July 13th, 2020, 11:00 am I think you can go ahead and have someone else PL these. Lilimart10 hasn't logged on the forums since June 10th.
Okay, I'm going to do that.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL notes for section 22:

at 25:27 a short phrase missing, here in bold: "I felt sure you would. I did not know how or when; but, from the moment [...]"

In section 23, around 33:02 a short sentence missing: "[...] became exquisite pain! She turned, as though about to leave the room, but her feet faltered. In a second, [...]

I'm happy that I can pl more in this project! It's a pleasure :D
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

PG 117:

PG 120:

If you are very busy right now and would like to give up some of the sections you've volunteered to PL, let me know. I do have someone else who is also PL'ing right now who might be willing to take on a few more sections.
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 14th, 2020, 2:43 am PL notes for section 22:

at 25:27 a short phrase missing, here in bold: "I felt sure you would. I did not know how or when; but, from the moment [...]"

In section 23, around 33:02 a short sentence missing: "[...] became exquisite pain! She turned, as though about to leave the room, but her feet faltered. In a second, [...]

I'm happy that I can pl more in this project! It's a pleasure :D
Missing lines! argh!! Good catches! Glad to have you back! :D :D

Corrected files posted.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapters 22 and 23: spot-checked and PL OK!

Also

24: PL OK

Chapter 25: at 5:31-5:39 repetition of "Think, in what a rapid, an almost miraculous manner my undertaking has prospered"

Chapter 26: at 4:35 one of those cuts "do you not feel that you --would?", if you feel it's worth fixing

27: PL OK

:thumbs:
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 14th, 2020, 10:46 am Chapters 22 and 23: spot-checked and PL OK!

Also

24: PL OK

Chapter 25: at 5:31-5:39 repetition of "Think, in what a rapid, an almost miraculous manner my undertaking has prospered"

Chapter 26: at 4:35 one of those cuts "do you not feel that you --would?", if you feel it's worth fixing

27: PL OK

:thumbs:
Corrected files posted! :D
ecr24

Post by ecr24 »

ktaylor07 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 4:35 am

PG 117:

PG 120:

If you are very busy right now and would like to give up some of the sections you've volunteered to PL, let me know. I do have someone else who is also PL'ing right now who might be willing to take on a few more sections.
I am struggling at the moment to PL all my sections, so would it be possible to give some of my sections to another PL'er please? I'm really sorry about this.
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

ecr24 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 1:06 pm
ktaylor07 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 4:35 am

PG 117:

PG 120:

I am struggling at the moment to PL all my sections, so would it be possible to give some of my sections to another PL'er please? I'm really sorry about this.
No problem! :D I've talked to the other person and they have offered to take all your sections if you like?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapters 25 and 26: Spot-checked and PL OK!

Chapter 28: at 4:35 I hear New York instead of Washington in "I was certain I should find you in the first drawing-rooms in Washington." if you think it's worth changing.

Chapter 29: some of those cuts, up to you to ignore or not :mrgreen: at around 0:50 "all the tenderest chords of her --spirit", at 3:18 "evidently-- admiring her new costume", at 3:56 "This is one of your great --triumphs"
ktaylor07

Post by ktaylor07 »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 15th, 2020, 4:54 am Chapters 25 and 26: Spot-checked and PL OK!

Chapter 28: at 4:35 I hear New York instead of Washington in "I was certain I should find you in the first drawing-rooms in Washington." if you think it's worth changing.

Chapter 29: some of those cuts, up to you to ignore or not :mrgreen: at around 0:50 "all the tenderest chords of her --spirit", at 3:18 "evidently-- admiring her new costume", at 3:56 "This is one of your great --triumphs"
Hmm... Don't know where my mind was on that one!

Corrected files are posted! :D :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

28-29: Spot-checked PL OK!

30-33: PL OK! :D