[COMPLETE] Taras Bulba by Gogol - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13678
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 15th, 2020, 10:52 am

Chapter 12
I believe the ending needs to include the full credits.

End of Taras Bulba by Nikolai Gogol. Translated by Isabel Hapgood

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 11:03 am

linny wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 9:16 am
SimonSG wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 8:27 am
I have reuploaded chapter 9 and it's ready for spot PL.

Yes, that was quite a roar, even for me. I think I wanted to capture the indignation of honour offended.
Chapter 9 still seems loud to me in that spot. I didn't specify using the minus sign on the amplification. :oops:
It's an odd one. That part was outside of the range I had limited the track to, which I don't understand but then I don't know Audacity so well. I'll give it another go. But not today :-)

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 11:03 am

linny wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 10:52 am
Chapter 12
I believe the ending needs to include the full credits.

End of Taras Bulba by Nikolai Gogol. Translated by Isabel Hapgood
Ok I'll make the change (tomorrow).

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 11:04 am

linny wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 9:17 am
I really wanted to hear the whole story so I listened to chapter 10. I agree it's PL OK.

Chapter 11 is also PL OK. :thumbs:

I'll be back after lunch.
Great. Thanks.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13678
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 15th, 2020, 11:06 am

SimonSG wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 11:03 am
It's an odd one. That part was outside of the range I had limited the track to, which I don't understand but then I don't know Audacity so well. I'll give it another go. But not today :-)
I would just use the amplification feature.

Highlight the audio for the range you want to adjust. Go to Effect>Amplify>-2 ok. (remember the minus sign.

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 11:10 am

linny wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 11:06 am
SimonSG wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 11:03 am
It's an odd one. That part was outside of the range I had limited the track to, which I don't understand but then I don't know Audacity so well. I'll give it another go. But not today :-)
I would just use the amplification feature.

Highlight the audio for the range you want to adjust. Go to Effect>Amplify>-2 ok. (remember the minus sign.
Ok, I just uploaded a new version. Please try that and see if it's ok.

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 11:29 am

linny wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 10:52 am
Chapter 12
I believe the ending needs to include the full credits.

End of Taras Bulba by Nikolai Gogol. Translated by Isabel Hapgood
Have made the change and uploaded the new version.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13678
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 15th, 2020, 11:40 am

Section 9 and 12 are both spot check PL OK. (I adjusted 9 and uploaded).

Congratulations on completing your first solo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 12:08 pm

linny wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 11:40 am
Section 9 and 12 are both spot check PL OK. (I adjusted 9 and uploaded).

Congratulations on completing your first solo! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you very much. And thank you again for proof-listening.

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 12:18 pm

Hi Ava,

All the chapters have been proof-listened.

What happens next? Do I need to do something?

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17841
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » June 15th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Excellent, thank you both! :clap:

No Simon, this is the time where you lean back and enjoy while I do the (heavy?) lifting of bringing this into the catalogue. Give me a day or two before this is completed please. :D
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 9:13 pm

Availle wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 3:09 pm
Excellent, thank you both! :clap:

No Simon, this is the time where you lean back and enjoy while I do the (heavy?) lifting of bringing this into the catalogue. Give me a day or two before this is completed please. :D
No hurry. I've done a cover image and will need to do all the things listed on the wiki e.g. back cover.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 32973
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » June 15th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Butting in again re the cover
You need to preclaim the cover by posting in the cover thread - else it becomes first in best dressed.
You'd be better to read the first post in the cover thread rather than the wiki - it's more up to date.

Anne

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 15th, 2020, 10:37 pm

annise wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Butting in again re the cover
You need to preclaim the cover by posting in the cover thread - else it becomes first in best dressed.
You'd be better to read the first post in the cover thread rather than the wiki - it's more up to date.

Anne
Thanks, Anne. Good to know.

SimonSG
Posts: 65
Joined: May 30th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Post by SimonSG » June 16th, 2020, 2:08 am

Ava, for your info, I did a cover, have pre-claimed on the covers page and posted the link to the file there. Not sure if I needed to write this.

Post Reply