[COMPLETE] The White Doe of Rylstone by William Wordsworth-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Section 09 is spot PL OK! And with that, there's a new poem in the catalogue, hurrah!

Have you been watching the plays the National Theatre are putting on? There's a new one every week, live streamed Thursday evening (7 BST), which stays on youtube for a week. A Streetcar Named Desire a couple of weeks ago was outstanding, and the one coming up is Coriolanus. Dead excited.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks, Erin. We are ready to catalogue!

That was fun, but I do wonder why he thought it was his best work?

I'll look out for the National Theatre offerings. So many free literary goodies!

Next up for recording will be one of the sci-fi titles you gave me. But I have just finished editing a shortish guide to hikes around Sydney and I want to check with you first on whether you want to DPL this one. Please don't hesitate to say no, if it is of no interest. I can float it on the launchpad.

It is interesting to me as it was the first of its kind in Australia and I do some walking (but not on the scale of the Warragamba club!). But obviously it's more interesting if you know the places than if you don't.

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks13/1301331h.html#ch-1-3
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hmmm. It might not be his best work, but sometimes those are precisely the books that get overlooked. You're doing a public service by making it available!

So many venues are making plays, comedy, you name it, available. I'm not able to watch it all, but it's wonderful that it's there. I think the Old Vic are starting up soon, too.

Looking forward to the sci-fi! (And by the way, I had heard of the one you sent, which also sounds good! Bring it on!) As for the hiking guide, sure, I'll DPL. I don't know the places like you will, but this would be one way to get to know them better. I can't travel to every single part of the world, but hearing about it is the next best thing.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just for future info - Gutenberg Australia only claims to be PD in Australia and so may not be usable. However in this case --
He says it is a rare book
It's dated on a photo 2nd edition 1910
And anyone who believes the women and girls clothes in the photos are post WWI don't know much about women's clothes
So it's fine to use.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll start the wheels turning here --
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks, Erin! I hope you don't regret it! I'll get it set up tonight.

Thanks for the reminder on Gutenberg Australia, Anne. I didn't notice the bit about the rare book - I guess that means that someone has typed the whole thing out!

Another book I have says that the section on 'ladies' was added in the second edition (1910) and replaced a section on suggestions of literature to take along in your swag (1906). As he also says that he has added the photographs, that should place the outfits somewhere between 1906 and 1910.
annise wrote: June 7th, 2020, 3:55 pm Just for future info - Gutenberg Australia only claims to be PD in Australia and so may not be usable. However in this case --
He says it is a rare book
It's dated on a photo 2nd edition 1910
And anyone who believes the women and girls clothes in the photos are post WWI don't know much about women's clothes
So it's fine to use.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

PGA is a one-man band in Sydney somewhere - well he was a few years ago :D

All done - thank you both. As usual let me know if you want something tweaked. I do like adding less well known things to the catalogue :clap: :clap:

https://librivox.org/the-white-doe-of-rylstone-by-william-wordsworth/

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

All good and a great cover (as usual!). Less well known things are what I like too, your encouragement is much appreciated!

Meanwhile, Swag and Billy is up on the launchpad.