COMPLETE [Solo] Rational Theology by Widtsoe-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12597
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 25th, 2020, 9:31 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 8:48 am
I can do PL!
Hello! Great! I will add you as DPL. Have you been Dedicated Proof-Listener before? Do you know how to work with the window? :D
Leni
=================

The Natural History volume 5 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 10:45 am

Leni wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 9:31 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 8:48 am
I can do PL!
Hello! Great! I will add you as DPL. Have you been Dedicated Proof-Listener before? Do you know how to work with the window? :D
I did PL for couple sections, but have not been DPL. Isn't it just looking the text and following the recording, and then checking if there are any errors?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12597
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 25th, 2020, 11:02 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:45 am
I did PL for couple sections, but have not been DPL. Isn't it just looking the text and following the recording, and then checking if there are any errors?
For standard PLing, you don't even need to follow along. But I was asking about putting your notes and your OKs in the window in the first post. So I will understand it as a no. :mrgreen: Ok, here is the Guide for Proof-Listeners, that might answer some questions as well: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners

As to the window, as a Dedicated Proof-Listener, you can change the status of the sections you PL on the window, from "Ready to PL" to "PL OK" or "See PL notes", as the case may be. How to do that? Here are the answers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window This has more information than you need, because it is for the person recording, but will explain how to deal with the window.

Thanks! :D
Leni
=================

The Natural History volume 5 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 11:06 am

Leni wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:02 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:45 am
I did PL for couple sections, but have not been DPL. Isn't it just looking the text and following the recording, and then checking if there are any errors?
For standard PLing, you don't even need to follow along. But I was asking about putting your notes and your OKs in the window in the first post. So I will understand it as a no. :mrgreen: Ok, here is the Guide for Proof-Listeners, that might answer some questions as well: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners

As to the window, as a Dedicated Proof-Listener, you can change the status of the sections you PL on the window, from "Ready to PL" to "PL OK" or "See PL notes", as the case may be. How to do that? Here are the answers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window This has more information than you need, because it is for the person recording, but will explain how to deal with the window.

Thanks! :D
I got it!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12597
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 25th, 2020, 11:09 am

Great! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D
Leni
=================

The Natural History volume 5 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

Kalamareader
Posts: 541
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » May 25th, 2020, 11:11 am

Thank you for volunteering to be my (our) DPL. :clap:

Wayne
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 11:22 am

Leni wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:09 am
Great! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D
I cannot access to change the status in the last column. Should I just send you my notes after proof-listening?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12597
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » May 25th, 2020, 11:27 am

weijzhou wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:22 am
Leni wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:09 am
Great! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D
I cannot access to change the status in the last column. Should I just send you my notes after proof-listening?
Have you set up a password for the window? You should post your notes here and change the status in the window.
Leni
=================

The Natural History volume 5 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 11:29 am

Leni wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:27 am
weijzhou wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:22 am
Leni wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 11:09 am
Great! Any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D
I cannot access to change the status in the last column. Should I just send you my notes after proof-listening?
Have you set up a password for the window? You should post your notes here and change the status in the window.
Do you mean the BC Admin?

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 11:41 am

PL notes for Chapter 1
1:54 Miss a word “and” (middle of third paragraph)
3:38 Adding words “that are” (there are no “that are” in the text, in “Theology Defined” section)

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 12:00 pm

PL notes for Chapter 2
6:30 Misread the word “communion” to “communication”. (The text is “communion”,
third paragraph under “Transmitted Knowledge” section.)

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 12:29 pm

PL notes for Chapter 3
2:29 Adding the word “either”. (There is no “either” in the text, first paragraph in “Eternal Matter” section)

Kalamareader
Posts: 541
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » May 25th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Thanks for your hard work. :D I can't believe I missed those, they are so obvious. :oops:

Here are the new links and the new time for number one:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_01_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time 6:11

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_02_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time: 9:04

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_03_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time 12:54

Wayne
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

weijzhou
Posts: 35
Joined: May 17th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Location: Boston

Post by weijzhou » May 25th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 1:56 pm
Thanks for your hard work. :D I can't believe I missed those, they are so obvious. :oops:

Here are the new links and the new time for number one:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_01_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time 6:11

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_02_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time: 9:04

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_03_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time 12:54

Wayne
All good!

Kalamareader
Posts: 541
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » May 25th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

Post Reply