COMPLETE [Solo] Rational Theology by Widtsoe-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
weijzhou

Post by weijzhou »

PL notes for Chapter 4
3:28 Changing words “he now is” to “he is now” (the end of second paragraph under “The Will of Man”)
weijzhou

Post by weijzhou »

PL notes for Chapter
All good!
weijzhou

Post by weijzhou »

PL notes for Chapter 6
3:21 Misread “gradation” to “graduation” (The text is “gradation”, under “Many Gods” section)
6:38 Misread “onward” to “upward” (The text is “onward”, second paragraph of “God’s Help to Man”)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

weijzhou,

Thank you for your work. I can't believe I made all these mistakes. As to the correction in Chapter 4, this is a "standard" PL, so if there is an error in words, like "man is now" or "man now is", does not change the meaning of the sentence, it really doesn't need to be corrected. The other ones are really mess ups, but for future reference...

Of course, if I am out in left field Leni, if she reads this, can correct me, but I think I am right.

Wayne
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kalamareader wrote: May 25th, 2020, 7:28 pm weijzhou,

Thank you for your work. I can't believe I made all these mistakes. As to the correction in Chapter 4, this is a "standard" PL, so if there is an error in words, like "man is now" or "man now is", does not change the meaning of the sentence, it really doesn't need to be corrected. The other ones are really mess ups, but for future reference...

Of course, if I am out in left field Leni, if she reads this, can correct me, but I think I am right.

Wayne
What Wayne said. :) Standard PLing, according to the Guide is:

Listen for repeated words or passages that the reader likely intended to edit out.
Note any long pauses or bad background noises that disrupt the flow of your listening pleasure.
Note that the intro and outro has the correct wording as noted in the first post of the project thread, and 5 seconds of silence at the end.
If the recording seems too loud or too quiet, please note that as well.
It is NOT necessary for you to follow along with the text; just listen as you would normally.

So, any small things that do not change the meaning do not need to be noted. However, if the PLer wants to record them, it is fine, and the reader can just not fix them. :)
Leni
=================
weijzhou

Post by weijzhou »

Kalamareader wrote: May 25th, 2020, 7:28 pm weijzhou,

Wayne
No problem!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Here finally is the corrected Chapter 6

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_06_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time now: 9:43

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Here are the next three:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_10_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time: 8:45

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_11_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time: 14:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/rationaltheology_12_widtsoe_128kb.mp3

Time: 8:24

Wayne

P.S. Could you, after you have PLed them, even if they are PL OK, post a small note here in the forum to that effect as well as putting the info in the MW? Thanks so much. WC
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kalamareader wrote: May 29th, 2020, 5:54 pm P.S. Could you, after you have PLed them, even if they are PL OK, post a small note here in the forum to that effect as well as putting the info in the MW? Thanks so much. WC
Yup, that is good practice, because then we know the section has really been PLed, it was not just a mistake in changing rows in the window. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Well, since the PLer hasn't been around the forum in a month and has not replied to PMs, we are reopening the DPLer spot for this project!
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I would be happy to serve as DPL. I would like to learn more about this faith tradition.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: July 13th, 2020, 5:42 pm I would be happy to serve as DPL. I would like to learn more about this faith tradition.
Great! Thanks, Kevin!
Leni
=================