COMPLETE [Solo] Rational Theology by Widtsoe-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

This project is now complete! All files can be found at https://librivox.org/rational-theology-by-john-andreas-widtsoe/

Rational Theology, as Taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by John Andreas Widtsoe (1872 - 1952).

A rational theology, as understood in this volume, is a theology which (1) is based on fundamental principles that harmonize with the knowledge and reason of man, (2) derives all of its laws, ordinances and authority from the accepted fundamental principles, and (3) finds expression and use in the everyday life of man. In short, a rational theology is derived from the invariable laws of the universe, and exists for the good of man. (From preface) ( John A. Widtsoe)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35562
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Rational Theology, as Taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Rational Theology, as Taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, by John Andreas Widtsoe. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Rational Theology, as Taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by John Andreas Widtsoe. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Rational Theology, as Taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, by John Andreas Widtsoe. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename rationaltheology_##_widtsoe_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. rationaltheology_01_widtsoe_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: John Andreas Widtsoe
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Rational Theology, as Taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Leni
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi,

This is my second Solo recording, but it has been a year since the last one, so I may need a little 'hand-holding' at the beginning when it comes to posting the stuff on the MW.

Thanks so much,

Wayne
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, Wayne, I am setting this up for you, be right back.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kalamareader wrote: May 20th, 2020, 1:04 pm Hi,

This is my second Solo recording, but it has been a year since the last one, so I may need a little 'hand-holding' at the beginning when it comes to posting the stuff on the MW.

Thanks so much,

Wayne
Ok, you have a window and the project is ready to start. If you need to remember how to use the window, we have some information about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window But if you have any further doubts, please ask! :)

I will leave this thread here in hopes of finding a DPL, but soon I will move it to the Going Solo section, ok?

Happy recording!
Leni
=================
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Thank you Leni,

Sounds great. :thumbs:

I will check that link right now.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

One quick question.

If I add Chapter Titles after the MW is set up, will that mess things up at all?

Edit: Make that TWO quick questions :oops: . I can't seem to log in by the BC link under the MW. Any ideas?

Wayne
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kalamareader wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 9:53 am One quick question.

If I add Chapter Titles after the MW is set up, will that mess things up at all?

Edit: Make that TWO quick questions :oops: . I can't seem to log in by the BC link under the MW. Any ideas?

Wayne
Two quick answers :D

1) No, you can change things in the window as much as you want, but whatever is on it at the time of cataloging is what is going to appear in the catalog page. So, before then you can move things. When we get to the cataloging stage, I will ask you to make sure the window is set up as you want it to be in the catalog.

2) Make sure you are not using your forum login in the window, but your window login. I mean, they are separate things to be set up. So, if you don't remember your password for the window, here is how to set a new one up: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs :D Let me know how it goes.
Leni
=================
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

All went well (I think) and thank you so much for your help. :9:

I know we don't have a DPL yet, but is it OK to submit some chapters I have finished?

Also, do I need to add the Gutenberg reference each time? I know I have to do the time.
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kalamareader wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 3:23 pm All went well (I think) and thank you so much for your help. :9:

I know we don't have a DPL yet, but is it OK to submit some chapters I have finished?

Also, do I need to add the Gutenberg reference each time? I know I have to do the time.
Sure, please, go ahead! You can start uploading and completing the window.

What Gutenberg reference? :hmm:
Leni
=================
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Ah, I see, no, no need to put the source anywhere. It will be on the catalog page. And the window is good, just please add the length of each recording in the "notes" section. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Will do.
Wayne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Great. I will move this to Going Solo and make a thread announcing for a PLer in Listeners Wanted. :)
Leni
=================
weijzhou

Post by weijzhou »

I can do PL!