ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adrianstephens wrote: August 21st, 2020, 10:47 amHere are the remaining Melefont parts:
ah yes, you are going through all the stages of amazement, anger, despair and love here. Excellently conveyed, Adrian :thumbs: It was a good choice of yours to tackle Mellefont.

Acts 2 and 4 can be marked PL ok right away.

Notes for Act 3:
> at 0:28: What, you may in honour betray her as far as she betrays herself. - you say "you hope in honour"

Notes for Act 5:
> at 1:05: I dare swear thou wilt not - you say "I dare not swear"

thanks

@Todd: that means Act 2 is ready to edit 8-) BTW considering this song in Scene 3 here, I rather think it was the musicians singing it and not Cynthia :? but well, I guess you don't want to wait for another reader at this point. And yes one could argue that the musicians play the music but Cynthia was supposed to sing.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MManolakes wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 1:15 pmBrisk, Act 4, duration 5:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/doubledealer_brisk_4_128kb.mp3
thank you Mike for another brilliantly foppish performance. I really love Brisk (in all his silliness :lol: ) Can't wait to hear you together with Devorah in the same scene :mrgreen:

I have a few corrections to suggest though:

> at 1:24: Ah ma- [bows.] dam! - I don't think he wants to say "damn" here (consider the spelling). I think he starts dragging out the word "madam", a bit like "maaaa..." (bowing low and probably waving your plumed hat like a courtier) "daaaaam" a bit cocky and reverentially. (after all he is practicing how best to approach her). Also, please leave some seconds between the two syllables, so Todd can easily insert the stage directions "bows" in the middle. It will make a good effect to break the word, if you say it dragged out like this

> at 4:37: Zoons! madam, there’s my lord. [Softly to her.] - you are kinda screaming this sentence, though it says "softly to her". Maybe you could consider speaking this more as an aside

> at 4:56: Come, my lord, I’ll wait on you. [To her.] My charming witty angel! - Here we need more space, so Todd can insert "to her" between the first and second sentence. The first is said to Lord Froth, the second to Lady Froth as an aside. The stage directions are often written after the sentence they belong to in these old texts, unfortunately, because it is sometimes comfusing :?

> oh and careful with your volume, you are exceeding 92 dB here. I understand, you get carried away with Brisk's boisterous manner :lol: but it's best not too exceed the volume too much otherwise there could be clipping which might distort the sound

looking forward to the final act now :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:59 am
adrianstephens wrote: August 21st, 2020, 10:47 amHere are the remaining Melefont parts:
ah yes, you are going through all the stages of amazement, anger, despair and love here. Excellently conveyed, Adrian :thumbs: It was a good choice of yours to tackle Mellefont.

Notes for Act 3:
> at 0:28: What, you may in honour betray her as far as she betrays herself. - you say "you hope in honour"

Notes for Act 5:

thanks

@Todd: that means Act 2 is ready to edit 8-) BTW considering this song in Scene 3 here, I rather think it was the musicians singing it and not Cynthia :? but well, I guess you don't want to wait for another reader at this point. And yes one could argue that the musicians play the music but Cynthia was supposed to sing.

Sonia
That had been my thinking.

Thanks, Todd
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Thanks, Kitty, for the feedback as always. I'll have a corrected act for you later today. It is a bit of a challenge playing a scene without knowing how the other reader is delivering the other half of the exchange. I guess I'll have to trust that it will all match up. I'm looking forward to hearing the completed scenes.

I didn't catch the ma-dam bit at all; it makes a lot more sense now that it's been explained. As for delivering the soft line loudly, that's the problem when the stage direction follows the line instead of precedes it, but I'll fix it.

Mike
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

Brisk, Act 4 (corrected), duration 5:14

Mike
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MManolakes wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 11:23 amBrisk, Act 4 (corrected), duration 5:14
yep, that's more like it, perfectly PL ok now :) excellent corrections, thank you, Mike.
It is a bit of a challenge playing a scene without knowing how the other reader is delivering the other half of the exchange. I guess I'll have to trust that it will all match up.
oh yes I am always pleasantly surprised to hear the assembled acts and how wonderfully in sync we are (most of the times). We also have assembled quite a regular cast over time and I actually can picture many voices already before I even hear them, because I've heard them so often in many roles already. :9:

Thanks

Sonia
adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

Kitty wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:59 am

Notes for Act 3:

Notes for Act 5:

thanks

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia.
Here you are, corrected as indicated:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/doubledealer_mellefont_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/doubledealer_mellefont_5_128kb.mp3
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Adrian, it was a brilliant Mellefont, and now PL ok :)

see you in the next Congreve hopefully

Sonia
MManolakes

Post by MManolakes »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MManolakes wrote: August 25th, 2020, 2:33 pmBrisk, Act 5, duration 1:01
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/doubledealer_brisk_5_128kb.mp3
ah a shorter stint in the final act I see, but still very cheerio :lol: thank you, Mike, nearly perfect, there's just one ALL line that is missing:

> at about 0:51: please insert: "What's the matter ?"

And with that we are only waiting for the final role of Careless coming in 8-)

thanks

Sonia