ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

can Froth really be so blind to the obvious coquettishness of his wife :lol: you play him so nicely oblivious to all deceit. :thumbs: Nicely done, and both acts PL ok. Thanks, Alan !

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I wouldn’t want to suggest that there’s some problem with the space-time continuum, Sir Paul, but you should be aware that Lady Plyant has been dating three of the guys in Mötley Crüe circa 1989.

Regards,
Maskwell
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Or, Motley Crew are actually from 1889. Those electric guitars are actually steam powered lutes....
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: May 27th, 2020, 11:28 amHere's Lady Touchwood in all her scheming glory:
wohooo, Matteo, this is an excellent performance. Wow what a schemer and callous woman she is. And I loved the emotions you put into the performance, the vicious snarls, the fake sobs, all of it. :9: This will be totally cool once assembled.

Now Chris only has to live up to this to stay on top of the villainery as Maskwell :lol:

Lady Touchwood completely PL ok. Thank you !

Sonia
LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LydiaCW wrote: May 31st, 2020, 11:13 amHere's 3 acts of Cynthia!
an excellent start into the role :clap: Cynthia is sweet, yet in her asides she shows how annoyed she is by all those fools :lol: nicely done, Lydia. :thumbs: Acts 1 and 3 are PL ok.

Only remember to leave more editing space when you have stage directions inside your speech, like you had here twice with the asides...it's easier to cut and paste when there is more space. Nothing to reupload this time though. :)

I'll make a note for Todd that the full voice credit is in act 2 (you forgot to say "read by" in act 1 ;) )

For Act 2:

> at about 2:32: Todd mentioned the songs to be chanted/recited by you, could you add those please

Thanks, and looking forward to the rest :)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: your "he he he"s are so full of leery creepiness, I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley (or at any party come to think of it :mrgreen: )

but in the song Lord Froth shows his sentimental soul, which he tries to hide in merriment.

Totally PL ok, thanks, Alan !

Sonia
dlantz

Post by dlantz »

This is my first attempt at uploading for a year, so corrections gratefully accepted. Here are the stage directions for Act 1, including Dryden's poem and the intro by Mrs. Bracegirdle. I didn't know if that was needed, or whether I was supposed to read the names of the speakers, so I included them, too; they are easily removed. As a result, the time is 16:47, with a lot of silence (and a file size of 15.74 MB (not KB, as the site says). I've amplified and done some noise reduction, but I have the sense that I am missing a step (as I said, I'm a year away from it). Here is the link, and thanks for your patience:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/doubledealer_stagedirection_1_128kb.mp3

The other acts should be much quicker, but I look forward to learning how much I should be doing. Dave
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you very much. Kitty will let you know how it all sounds in the next couple of days.

Todd